cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hidden tracking numbers

Ebay has now removed tracking number visibility from the Purchase History page.

There used to be an actual tracking number, that you clicked on to access the tracking progress. And could find using browser search.

Now it is replaced with a 'Track Package' button. No visible tracking number. Click the button to see tracking progress (and the tracking number.) Then once a parcel is reported delivered, that button vanishes, and there seems to be no way to obtain the tracking number.

There is a fatal problem with this 'brilliant redesign.'

People using international reshippers, need search access to all the tracking numbers of all their items. Because when parcels arrive at the reshipper, the only consistent way to identify the parcels is by the tracking numbers. Reshippers log the track numbers of parcels on arrival. Then one could search one's Purchase History for that number, to find out which purchase it contains. One HAS to be able to do this, because each parcel to be onshipped overseas must have a Customs declaration filled in.

And the time when that can be done, is after the parcel is delivered. But then Ebay has removed the 'track' button, and any way to find out the tracking numbers. Not to mention being unable to use browser search on the Purchase list to find it easily. I didn't even have to type whole tracking numbers - just the last 4 digits is plenty for the search. Then can visually check the found number actually matches fully.

WHY did anyone think removing tracking number visibility from the Purchases History page was a good idea?  Did you WANT to make use of reshippers near impossible? Because that's what you have done.

PLEASE restore the visibility of tracking numbers immediately. 

Here's what it looks like now, without them. And this DOES NOT WORK.

Before delivery (no tracking number visible):

Before deliveryBefore delivery

After delivery - tracking number also not visible, and now completely unavailable:

2_after_arrival.png

I so wish ebay would stop constantly breaking things. If it ain't broken, don't 'fix' it.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: hidden tracking numbers

@imapaqrat wrote:

In December eBay remove the item number from the Purchase History Page (PHP), now they remove the tracking.

eBay you are suppose to make things easier for your customers, not harder.

Yeah, it's definitely more work to have both item number and tracking removed from the purchase history summary page. Very frustrating.

In addition, when you go to the order details page it says:

Number: [tracking number]

No mention of carrier. So you don't know which carrier was used unless you click to view tracking and get the popup. It's more work.

Unless I'm mistaken, when tracking was on the purchase history summary it used to show you the carrier right there.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 31 of 46
latest reply

100% agree.  Instead of the "Track Button" saying Track button, it could just have the tracking number. 

There is so much free display space on the Purchase page, why not display as much information as possible.

I'm still frustrated that they removed the eBay Item number around 6 months ago.

Once again eBay . . . WHY!!!

Please explain what buyer focus group you used to determine that removing the eBay Item number and tracking number was what your customers wanted!

Also: Bump

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

I just noticed this when I made the apparent mistake of ordering 6 similar items from different sellers on the same day in the same checkout transaction.

Now they're starting to arrive and I can't tell which one is which.

ebay coding idiocy never ceases to amaze and baffle me (like the oh so important task of changing the messages and seller help link to buttons).

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 33 of 46
latest reply

"eBay coding idiocy never ceases to amaze and baffle me" . . . Me Too.

Bump . . .

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

eBay seems committed to "improving" something every week no matter the consequence for buyers or sellers.  They may read "tell us what you think" but usually pay no attention to that.

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

Agreed . . . and Bump!

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

I guess this may explain why I am getting feedback for items not yet delivered....now I know.

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

It's not possible to find items without this data. Bring back tracking number. I don't have to click on the Track button. This data should be visible for each item.

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

... still wanting our tracking numbers back on our purchase history page... along with our ICONS!!!

Bump...

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

Oh, and for those of you that buy in bulk... now you can only view Order Details for up to 50 orders PER DAY:

https://pages.ebay.com/limitexceeded.html

You've exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please try again tomorrow.

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

@jac_92875880 wrote:

Oh, and for those of you that buy in bulk... now you can only view Order Details for up to 50 orders PER DAY:

https://pages.ebay.com/limitexceeded.html

You've exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please try again tomorrow.

... which is yet another restriction for volume sales and why I'm no longer a volume buyer here 😁

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

seems amazon spy developers delivered in eBay to make buyers Bump!!!

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

No, you won't.

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

I simple fix to this is use the buyers notes feature on the orders page to keep the tracking visible. Just copy it before eBay hides it and save it into a note. 

I am not sure if sellers can see notes added after the sale/shipping though. 

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

@

@smart_home_buyer wrote:

I simple fix to this is use the buyers notes feature on the orders page to keep the tracking visible. Just copy it before eBay hides it and save it into a note. 

I am not sure if sellers can see notes added after the sale/shipping though. 

(No, they cannot )

The thing is that we didn't have to go through the hassle of making notes of any sort on the prior formats.  Updated formats should make the experience EASIER and BETTER than before with the exception of if the format is now larger with more features which is definitely not the case here.

... And we're still wanting our tracking numbers back on our purchase history page... along with our ICONS!!!     Bump...

Message 45 of 46
latest reply