cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay website showing as Text only

Here is an issue that happens lately, every day, for hours. The website shows as text only. When this happens, there is no way to contact customer service, and even if you do, they can't help. They just say, change browsers.

I use Firefox, have had eBay store for 15 years, and this has never happened before, until this week. Every few hours, it will suddenly appear as normal, then in a few minutes, will go to text only when you click on a page.

I have done everything- cleared cache, history, content, refreshed browser, nothing works. Then, hours later, its fine. for a few minutes.

This issue has happened to many others, yet eBay says it isnt happening.  It seems that eBay does not care to help either sellers or buyers when they need it. They should at LEAST have placed an article on this issue, with a FIX, rather than continue to be the source of absolute frustration for so many people. 

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: eBay website showing as Text only

Ok so I cleaned stuff and am back. 🙂

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

@redmodelt 

Did you try clicking on the blue shield icon to the left of the page URL in the address bar while on an ebay.com page that does not load correctly, disabling Enhanced Tracking Protection for the site, and then refreshing the page? And if so, did that work for you?

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

I cleared my Cookies and Site Data. I don't have enhanced tracking turned on for normal searches.

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox is usually enabled by default and can be disabled on a site-by-site basis. Many Firefox users have reported that turning that off on ebay.com allowed pages to load properly after having experienced pages loading as text only just prior to that.

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

I've experienced this too both before the Firefox update to 79 and after. Did a full reset of everything, cache, cookies, etc. nothing worked. Turning off tracking protection is the only thing that works for a little while. Thing is, it just starts out of nowhere. One second the page will be fine, then I click on something like Watchlist and the whole page breaks. Little by little the whole site turns into a 1990s version of Craigslist. I don't have automatic updates on Firefox turned on, and it started happening on 78.0.2 too. I even have ebay whitelisted on my adblocker.  Chrome works fine and so does mobile. Guess I'm switching to Chrome 😕

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

I recently upgraded to Firefox v80 and the issue is still happening.  I disabled "Enhanced Tracking Protection" for ebay.com, which has fixed the problem, for now.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

Perfect,

Thank you

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

Same here.  IE seems to work but I prefer not to have to change browsers just to access eBay.

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

Me too. It has been happening randomly for a week or so, and no, ebay, it's not my internet connection, cache or cookies, or my browser. It is extremely frustrating. Here is what I see:

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Worked for me! Thank you!

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

I've experienced this too, and still does. It seems like a serve rkind of thing, IIS setting where when they do a fail-over to another server-cluster they have forgotten to tick in the "firefox" or some additional "html" settings box. It worked well yesterday, not the day before, but today it didn't. Now you see it now you don't.

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

@mat.se9 

If you are using Firefox, try temporarily disabling "Enhanced Tracking Protection" and reloading the page, as described elsewhere in this thread. Or try another browser.

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

OMFG! I've been pulling my hair out with this problem for over a MONTH! Ebay works fine on my laptop with Firefox 72, but has been giving me fits with Firefox 80 on my desktop. I noticed it seemed to start happening after a Firefox update. Enhanced Tracking Protection was ON, and when I turned it off, EBay was back!!

I just checked and on my laptop with Firefox 72, ETP was also on, but Ebay works fine there. So perhaps it's some issue with the ETP on newer versions of Firefox?

Ebay loads fine on IE11, BUT I can't log in. I get some sort of error when I input my username or email address, and never get to the password part.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

Firefox makes it sound like it's on ebay's end:

e.JPG

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Yes agree - have the same issue - on desktop - ebay seems ok on phone but screen so small as to be unworkable

.com seems ok but .co.uk is a complete nightmare.

Ebay whether you believe it or not - it's an issue. 

It's losing you business and income.

If it's a browser incompatibility - it's for YOU to sort with browser supplier not your users/customers.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply