cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Customer Service Call Back DOES NOT Call Back

Evidently, due to COVID-19 or some other issue, eBay Customer Service does not call back when you enter your request for a call back via the app or on the eBay website.  I've had an issue with managed payments I've needed assistance with and the app/website shows a "1 minute wait" for a call back.  Well, that was several hours ago and still no call back.  So, I tried requesting several more times and still no call back.  Finally, on my last attempt, I get the message that I've exceeded my limit of call back requests for the today and please try again tomorrow.  Want to know why I exceeded the requests?  Because you NEVER called!  So, let's force managed payments on our sellers and then run and hide and blame it on COVID-19.  This is a new low.  Thanks eBay! #ebay

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: eBay Customer Service Call Back DOES NOT Call Back

Apparently, eBay has grown so big they no longer can be bothered with speaking to, or servicing the “little people.”  This often happens when a company begins to view its services as being nearly indispensable.   Until now, I have enjoyed my experiences of buying through eBay—but as of NOW I’m all but ceasing my business with this company because of their contempt toward we, the “little people,” who made them.  When I make these types of decisions I never look back, and I have never regretted my decision.   Some other companies I have ceased doing business with ALTOGETHER include:  Amazon, Etsy, Walmart, Coke Cola, Dick’s Sporting Goods, GoodYear Tire, Google, and several others.  While I have not yet made a decision to drop eBay completely, from this point forward I have made the choice to drastically curtail any future business with eBay, in contemplation of dropping them altogether.  There are several online sites that do exactly what eBay does.  And they don’t display such contempt for THEIR customers.   ANY COMPANY THAT IS TOO BUSY TO BE CONTACTED,  OR CAN NO LONGER SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE TO ITS CUSTOMERS is no longer a pleasure to patronize, and thus, is bound to lose MY business!

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

@smit-juli wrote:

Apparently, eBay has grown so big they no longer can be bothered with speaking to, or servicing the “little people.”  This often happens when a company begins to view its services as being nearly indispensable.   Until now, I have enjoyed my experiences of buying through eBay—but as of NOW I’m all but ceasing my business with this company because of their contempt toward we, the “little people,” who made them.  When I make these types of decisions I never look back, and I have never regretted my decision.   Some other companies I have ceased doing business with ALTOGETHER include:  Amazon, Etsy, Walmart, Coke Cola, Dick’s Sporting Goods, GoodYear Tire, Google, and several others.  While I have not yet made a decision to drop eBay completely, from this point forward I have made the choice to drastically curtail any future business with eBay, in contemplation of dropping them altogether.  There are several online sites that do exactly what eBay does.  And they don’t display such contempt for THEIR customers.   ANY COMPANY THAT IS TOO BUSY TO BE CONTACTED,  OR CAN NO LONGER SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE TO ITS CUSTOMERS is no longer a pleasure to patronize, and thus, is bound to lose MY business!

Please start a topic of your own> this is an old topic from 09-11-2020

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

Oooooo…it sounds as if one should be extremely grateful that one can ALMOST actually get to speak with a customer service representative!  

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

“…getting worse with them and not just b/c of the pandemic.”

Agreed…it’s NOT just because of the virus.  I believe eBay has lost sight of the importance of good customer service!

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

At this point how can we not conclude that eBay’s Customer Service Department is adrift.  This is typical of companies that have grown to dominate a lucrative  market.  They’ve grown fat, and lazy!  They now see their customers as nuisances!  What makes eBay act differently from other companies that also have had to pass through turbulent times?  I have no love for Apple, but they have been known for providing high-quality costumer service.  I have had opportunity to contact Apple recently, and the quality of their customer care remains as high as ever, even as THEIR  customer service representatives work from home. One can always tell when a company has reached its peak, and then begins its downward spiral—they always begin their decent by alienating their customers!

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

I, for one, am glad to hear that you are going to do MORE than just complain about the problem—you’re going to take steps to no longer reward a company with its head up its rear, with your business!

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. For discussion of Managed Payments, please feel free to start a new conversation HERE. For discussion of eBay technical issues, please start a new conversation HERE.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply