cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Customer Service Call Back DOES NOT Call Back

Evidently, due to COVID-19 or some other issue, eBay Customer Service does not call back when you enter your request for a call back via the app or on the eBay website.  I've had an issue with managed payments I've needed assistance with and the app/website shows a "1 minute wait" for a call back.  Well, that was several hours ago and still no call back.  So, I tried requesting several more times and still no call back.  Finally, on my last attempt, I get the message that I've exceeded my limit of call back requests for the today and please try again tomorrow.  Want to know why I exceeded the requests?  Because you NEVER called!  So, let's force managed payments on our sellers and then run and hide and blame it on COVID-19.  This is a new low.  Thanks eBay! #ebay

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

You may have your phone set to block spam callers, and your phone is responding to the eBay return call you requested as if it were a spam call. If so, you will have to contact your cell provider to have that changed.

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

I tried to contact CSR thru phone and chat no success. Has anybody here being charged an invoice about "Fedex shipping fee" on their "recent transaction seller account" from previous sold item? I am being charged $82.89 fedex shipping charge on $109 item being sold even if I purchased and paid shipping via paypal already. I'm not sure this is the right forum but I'm desperate.  I may have to stop selling on ebay if their CS is non existence.  Thanks

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

I HAD ENOUGH I ASKING FOR EBAY TO CALL ME BACK ON A OPEN CASE JAYME

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

This happened to me too. I've been trying for days. I'm thinking about not using eBay anymore. People work from home so I don't see why there isn't enough support. I think companies use this excuse to cut down their man power. EBay isn't hurting because people buy more from home these days. If anything the extra revenue should have them hiring more people. SMH.....shameful.

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

I has an issue with Amazon item and they called me back in 3 seconds, resolved in 4 minutes .  eBay CS does not exist.

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

I've tried several different directions for your instructions, there is no longer any call back option at the bottom of the scrolling page.

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

@jatrieve 

Are you located in the US?

The options change depending on your location and which categories you choose and how busy things are -- if call volumes are high enough, the call back option may disappear if it looks like no one will be available to return your call today. But after checking a couple of categories, here are the options I see right now:

eburtonlab_0-1614190565505.png

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly right.  Currently I'm waiting for a "two-minute callback" which has taken over 45 minutes so far, and I have 8 other calls about eBay collecting BUT NOT REMITTING the state sales tax AT ALL - having gotten a COLLECTION letter from our state Department of Revenue!  Ebay can't even figure out who in their grand organization might even KNOW about that.

When I think about the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in "collected" sales tax revenue eBay is sitting on at this time, it makes me wonder why eBay would be tempting fate and state governments by NOT REMITTING TAX REVENUES!  Are they really that messed up?  We've been calling them almost every day for over a month about this, and yet not one single call has been returned of the eight promised.

Surprised?  Wait until the Wall Street Journal announces eBay is under investigation by a cabal of states who haven't received a dime that was to have been paid to them - when eBay themselves even PROMISED  this great "service" for sellers!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-New-states-will-require-eBay-to-collect-sales-tax...

It's going to be quite a day for eBay.

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was really just an excuse for eBay to lay-off CS workers, that's all.   Notice the current "customer support" is being done largely by people working from home anyway!

But ebay has now laid off a LOT of workers beyond CS, and we're having difficulty getting answers to questions about where to find information such as actual expenses now that Mangled Payments has taken over; we used to be able to simply look at our credit card statement.  But it now seems eBay is deliberately hiding that information, perhaps knowing that the fees are actually HIGHER in MP, rather than lower as promised!

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

I had the same problem and then they send you an email saying the phone number was an incorrect number. They tell you the call back number (which was correct) and then say to keep your number updated.

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

i just wrote on my topic, ebay uk and ebay de still have call back and chat option ,ebay com disable chat and call back for rest of world and probably for some usa users i dont know exactly did all usa users have these options , this starts 5 days ago , before that ebay have chat and call back for usa number for every user no matter where they live

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

It's even worse now. The useless **bleep**s changed their site, no longer an option to call the stupid **bleep**s.

Now it's a bloody nightmare to navigate around their bloody useless site as you're bounced back to previous pages. Round and round and round in circles. Finally found Chat With Us, what? they say only avaliable between 05:00 until 21:30 Monday to Sunday????????????????? Hang on you useless **bleep**s it's 10:00 am and again at 11:55 am.

I wish they'd bugger off back over the ocean to the US and leave the UK alone.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

If you are in the UK, you may have better results using the Help & Contact link on the UK site rather than on the US site.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/home

Or you may want to ask a general question on one of the discussion boards.

You can also reach out to eBay using social media:

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

e-Bay's disastrous outsourced "customer care" seems to be in hiding.  They  just do NOT CARE.

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

HI

Message 30 of 37
latest reply