cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Customer Service Call Back DOES NOT Call Back

Evidently, due to COVID-19 or some other issue, eBay Customer Service does not call back when you enter your request for a call back via the app or on the eBay website.  I've had an issue with managed payments I've needed assistance with and the app/website shows a "1 minute wait" for a call back.  Well, that was several hours ago and still no call back.  So, I tried requesting several more times and still no call back.  Finally, on my last attempt, I get the message that I've exceeded my limit of call back requests for the today and please try again tomorrow.  Want to know why I exceeded the requests?  Because you NEVER called!  So, let's force managed payments on our sellers and then run and hide and blame it on COVID-19.  This is a new low.  Thanks eBay! #ebay

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: eBay Customer Service Call Back DOES NOT Call Back

Different issue, but same boat with speaking to an actual person.  I’ve been sending emails and leaving call back requests since 8/20/20 without a response.  Have you tried the chat with the virtual assistant option?  From there, I was able to link with an actual CS Agent via live chat (not a phone call).  While it is much easier to talk directly with someone, the chat feature at least gets you to an actual human being.  The wait time to connect was less than 5 minutes too!

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

@paylessfashion 

I have not had any problems using email and asking for a call back. I also used the Facebook option one time and asked for a call back and a CSR called me. Also, you need to make sure that when you use the call back that it is during eBay's normal working hours in CA.

You can send an email message to eBay. Not sure if email is working. It is hit and miss due to COVID-19. I just used it on Aug 11, 2020 and got a reply and solution to a problem I found here on eBay. I was shocked. I used it again on Aug 26, 2020 and got a call and they took care of an eBay issue. 

Here is the link: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/contacting-ebay-customer-service/contacting-ebay-customer-service?... 

The email option is at the bottom of the link.  Or you can reach out to customer service using social media: 

eBay on Facebook

eBay on Twitter 

Social media worked for me. I received an answer and resolution to my issue fairly quickly.  The CSR ended up calling me. It wouldn't hurt to leave a contact number.   

You can also try to get phone support by visiting any help topic page, scroll down to the bottom of the page to the call back option.  Click on the option and you should get a message that you will get a call back with the estimated time.

Be advised that this option is not available 24/7. If you try a time that is not eBay’s normal business hours the option may not be there or your call back will be take longer. I recommend trying this option in the morning time.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

I got a call back a few days ago but it was after requesting a call back the prior day. He said they are trying to catch up with their backlog of calls from their managed payments. Of course I for a call back yesterday with no response yet let today. I requested another "1 min" callback today but no call back. I tried the chat but that has only responded with a get out of the queue button otherwise no one. It is troublesome and time wasting to sell on ebay these days. I notice another new fee for international sales that was not there before the managed payments. Been with ebay since 1997 but these days are getting worse with them and not just b/c of the pandemic.  

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

Not acceptable I have received the same **bleep** 1 min call back never happened now 2 or 3 hours later it says 52 min.

Problem is I was in the middle of printing postage, Printed 2 labels but while trying to purchase postage for the 3rd it says can not PROCESS PAYMENT ?

I only have 24 hours to ship but cant get a response from EBAY how to procedd

So much for there MANAGED PAYMENT SYSTEM
Never had any issue before they switched systems and closed down the phone lines ?

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

No call back here for 3 hours so far.  Wait time was 29 minutes.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Well sure they do, I have gotten one ring hangups 5/5 5 times in 2 months, I guess they get paid piece meal, so they want to get as many calls as they can even if they never talk to U

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Please try via text chat mate. 

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

Try via text chat mate .

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Ive experienced this just today 100% pure garbage. I get a robo message stating that theyve reached out and attempted to call- which is total **bleep**!

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

I have concierge and find they are about an hour behind. 

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

DANG i miss paypal already! Same problem here, had a 153 minute wait time, and as of 3 days, no call back!

IM getting sick and tired of being FORCED into every little IGNORANT WHIM the front office comes up with, and then rolling out the "Forced to use it" service and Low and Behold, true to ebay's track record, We sellers are forced into the pain and suffering, of doing THEY'RE R&D because, go figure, it doesnt work right, OR AT ALL!!

I was locked out of my online banking because of "Too many tries" trying, of course, IN VAIN to get the Managed Payments accounts set up ....

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

Sam here. This system is non existent. I'm done with ebay. They want to act like a bank but have zero customer support solutions. Waiting days or weeks when you are handling peoples money is embarrassing,

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Same deal here I pulled all of my listings

why would I sell an item and let them have my money when I can not sell that item and none has the money

this is insane, I entered all proper info and nothing but we will now hold your cash

ya I don’t think so

I can’t imagine how many less items are now listed on ebay

my advice to you if you have this issue is pull your listings

who knows if and when you will get paid

this is just nuts and should be easier

i don’t know about you but I’m all good with stripe and pay pal and feel as if I’m untrusted by eBay 

atlest let us collect our cash via PayPal until we can get this right, that way listings can go back up 

In the mean time I will list at competing sites

thanks eBay

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

You may have your phone set to block spam callers.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply