cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cllicking on "Advanced" to edit my search not working in this sub-category

In the "Collectible magic lantern glass slides" sub-category, when I click on advanced (so that I can edit the search) I can usually add a seller's ID to filter them out, but with this sub-category the edit page reverts to all of eBay, not just the "Collectible magic lantern glass slides" sub-category. Anyone know what's wrong? Advanced edit still works in most other sub-categories, but not this one, at least not for me.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: cllicking on "Advanced" to edit my search not working in this sub-category

To use the "Advanced" search filters you need to add some search key words and actually hit the "search" button -- otherwise you are just browsing a category and not actually running a search.

If you start from inside that category, try the most general search terms to get the most items:

(glass,slide,lantern,magic,lot,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)

just copy and paste that text into the search bar and hit search -- you should see about 37,000 results in that particular category. That search should find any item with any of those words or any number in the title. Here is the search results page I see when I search that category using those terms:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=%28glass%2Cslide%2Clantern%2Cmagic%2C0%2C1%2C2%2C3%2C...

From there you can go into the advanced search form and exclude individual sellers or use other filters.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: cllicking on "Advanced" to edit my search not working in this sub-category

Thanks eburtonlab! I did not know that. Seems like I used to be able to it from the sub-category in the past. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply