cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does eBay Keep Asking Me If I am a Human

I have been selling on ebay for the last 20 years, trying to list some items for Christmas but keep getting bots verifying if I am a human and presenting pictures to select from, I was trying to sell similar, then I tried relist and it did the same, very annoying ebay , why not focus on helping sellers this Holiday season instead of wasting more of our fees on useless features?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Why does eBay Keep Asking Me If I am a Human

Same here, and I agree it is very annoying! If we are signed in we shouldn't have to keep doing that!

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Same here. One of the many stupid useless features brought to you by the new eBay experience.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

...just went through that "security gate" moment ago when signed in...

...ridiculous and annoying...at its best...

...killing me...

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Human carbon based life form? Does not compute. Does not compute. Does not compute.....

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Even funnier, that I'm a human tech is positively stone age.  It's new to eBay but superannuated everywhere else. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Well we sure know ebay isn't human! Just a machine with no sense of humanity or common sense.

I hate getting that robot msg, I often just leave the site due to it. Wonder how many potential buyers it chases away!

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Maybe they heard a rumor....

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Me too, and every time I want to look at my payments or order details I have to sign in again.  Very annoying!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I am experiencing that feature at an annoying rate. I do not stay signed in to any website for longer than necessary to conduct my immediate business then sign out.  With Ebay that might mean coming back 6 or more times in a given day......the explanation of: we occasionally ask you to verify yourself to keep unauthorized persons from entering the site gets really old when some days that means 100% of my initial logins and page swaps between summary, order details, watchlist , reply to feedback or any different page I transition to.  When is 100% of the time  OCCASIONAL?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Why does eBay Keep Asking Me If I am a Human?”  That’s just the thing I’d expect a robot to ask.  

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Just another reason for buyers to stop shopping here. Its horrible.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Happened so many times yesterday I just stopped working.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Thank you all for responding, just saw this post come up again and love most of your responses. I think they got rid of that wonderful feature LOL.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply