cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my Ended items still showing up as "ACTIVE" inventory (Seller Hub)

Closed/Ended all of my auctions this morning.  Have done this for ages, so I know how to end the auctions (it's not a user error).  However, there is still 1 "Active" listing, when I go into search using my user, one item comes up but shows as "relist this item?".  I am not sure if this is a bug on the Ebay side or if there's something I need to do in order to find it and officially end it?

When I click on the "1" on the Active Listing label - it comes up with "no listings found", when I search for it by item number in the seller hub, no listings found.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Why are my Ended items still showing up as "ACTIVE" inventory (Seller Hub)

@bebe-beeb 

This sounds very account-specific to me, so I'd suggest contact eBay support directly for help.  I personally have had the best results by sending a private message via the eBay for Business FB group.  The link is:  

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@bebe-beeb ,

You do have one item that shows up as "active" on your list of Items for sale:

image.png

but when I opened the listing, it has, in fact been ended. This is just indexing delay: the servers haven't caught up yet to the fact that the listing was ended early. They will update soon enough, and in the meantime, buyers can't purchase the item anymore.

image.png

That listing was started on Oct 9, so the date that is shown (Nov 9) would have been the ending date, it hasn't updated yet with the actual date and time when it was ended early. But it has been ended, so need to do anything about this.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Sorry, I ran out of time to edit.

The last sentence should have said "so you don't need to do anything about this."

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'm concerned about posting anything else until this issue is resolved.  I called Ebay yesterday and after being disconnected by the first agent (after 1/2 hour on the phone with him), I spoke to someone that said that they know about the "glitch" and the issue will be fixed within 12 hours (they did also put me on hold to speak to their technical team - or so they said they spoke to them).  This morning, same thing, the 1 is still there.  What has happened to Ebay's customer service?  Are they outsourcing to a team that has no idea how the seller hub works or what it is?  Very frustrating!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@bebe-beeb ,

You do have one item that shows up as "active" on your list of Items for sale:

image.png

but when I opened the listing, it has, in fact been ended. This is just indexing delay: the servers haven't caught up yet to the fact that the listing was ended early. They will update soon enough, and in the meantime, buyers can't purchase the item anymore.

image.png

That listing was started on Oct 9, so the date that is shown (Nov 9) would have been the ending date, it hasn't updated yet with the actual date and time when it was ended early. But it has been ended, so need to do anything about this.

Just more proof of how messed up the indexing is.

Idiots doing the programing....Stuff getting lost in it both: ending and listing...

And folks wounder why their sales are down...... Oh it not eBay's fault is it?????

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yep, agree, how difficult is it to change the "status" on one record to fix this issue?  THEN.... go try to find the "bug" in the system that causes this to happen.  I provided the time/date that I "ended" my auctions, go to the logs and see where the error was (which would help them resolve the issue and fix the bug).

They're so busy with their bogus enhancements, first fix the issues in the existing software.   

Just got off the phone with yet another useless support person, she's going to add more detail to the ticket but not allowed to give me the ticket number.  Their customer service stinks.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Did you ever resolve? Bc im having sinilar issue

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply