cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my item description?

I recently listed an item and when I check on it, I can't view the description. I've tried this on Chrome and Edge but there's nothing there. It doesn't matter if I'm logged in to eBay or not. Haven't tried this yet on a mobile device. I know there is a description with my ad, it just isn't being displayed. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Where's my item description?

@tjshobbies 

go to the listing and open edit...........when I had the problem......I found the description there, ........put an extra character in the description ( .), hit revise and then the description showed up in the active listing......  Don't know why it happened and was only on a couple new listings on which it happened sporadically........

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Where's my item description?

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately. I can't revise my description since it's an auction and it has received a bid. I can add to it but I don't even know if that will fix it. My description is fairly long so there are plenty of characters. I've listed a lot of other items with more or less lengthy details, but this is the first time I've encountered this glitch.

Update: I added a second description to let people know to contact me for more details. Now my original description is visible. That figures. Hopefully eBay will fix whatever glitch caused that.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply