cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to switch between accounts.

Switching to secondary account always requires a double sign in, only today 01/25/2024 when conducting second login to get accurate account information it errors with the screen below.  I am unable to to send offers, mail packages, create listings on my other account.   This user name is primary unable to log into other account 

ght2023_0-1706203667238.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

DID you "try again later"? (which I've found in ebay speak is often like 3 seconds lol

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Several times

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Instead of signing out of one account and signing back in to another account, try using a different browser for each each account so you can stay signed in to each at the same time and avoid juggling sign-ins. Or try using a private or incognito browser window to check another account quickly.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for the response.   

I can log into the other account as I am an authorized user on it.  I can NOT fully log into this account ght2023 my personal account.  It just logs me in as the authorized user on the other account.  I go to switch account (still same login ght2023)   to my personal account via a second login and get the above error.  Normally when clicking "switch account" when I am logged in under my own account it switches out of authorized user status on other account and into my own.  Now I just get the something went wrong screen.   

I have tried in private window with same result.   

I have tried both edge and chrome browsers with same result.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Try a brand new browser you have not used before. Start from the main eBay page and sign in directly with username and password rather than by using a bookmark.

If you only use one account per browser, you can avoid all sorts of potential issues.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Tried brand new browser and direct sign in with same result

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

There may be a problem with the account, then.

Try contacting eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

FYI -  Customer service advised there are "site issues"  and to try again tomorrow.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply