cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to checkout

It's been a couple of days since I started having problems with checkout. When I select "Confirm and pay" I get an error: "We can't process your payment...". I tried a different paying method (Paypal, Debit Card), I tried switching between PC, Mobile and eBay App, I tried switching browsers (Chrome,Opera,Edge), I tried clearing cache and cookies, I tried making the purchase in Incognito(Private) Mode. I just can't make the purchase. I tried buying a different item from other seller but nothing. I was able to pay with Paypal outside of eBay so I don't think the problem is from Paypal side. It's been over 3 years that I have been using the same Paypal, the same Card and the same billing and shipping address.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unable to checkout

So it appears that at some point my Paypal Account was somehow blocked due to many log ins from different browsers, incognito, VPN etc. Paypal customer support told me to clear cache and cookies and log in from a "secure connection" change my password and try again. At this point after numerous messages to the specific seller that I wanted to buy from and had problems with, I saw that he/she created a new listing of the product. Out of curiosity I tried to checkout again from the old listing, unsuccessfully. Finally, I bought the product from the new listing. Anyway, that's all, thank you everyone for your suggestions.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Unable to checkout

are you sure the seller sells to Greece?  He may have international payments blocked..........

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

I'm unable to check out as well. So there must a glitch in the system.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

I had a similar problem yesterday when trying to pay for an item using Paypal. After logging in, it just returned to the checkout screen and asked that I choose a payment method again. Normally Paypal would ask for my 2-step verification (text to phone).

Same results with 3 different browsers.

So I had an idea to (temporarily) disable 2-step verification in my Paypal account so that just an email and password would log me in. It worked! The Paypal payment was accepted by the checkout process. (I then re-enabled Paypal 2-step verification.)

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

I've been getting the same for a couple weeks. Even with different payment options. 

No wonder my sales keep going down the last several months.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

@stestefatzort wrote:

It's been a couple of days since I started having problems with checkout. When I select "Confirm and pay" I get an error: "We can't process your payment...". I tried a different paying method (Paypal, Debit Card), I tried switching between PC, Mobile and eBay App, I tried switching browsers (Chrome,Opera,Edge), I tried clearing cache and cookies, I tried making the purchase in Incognito(Private) Mode. I just can't make the purchase. I tried buying a different item from other seller but nothing. I was able to pay with Paypal outside of eBay so I don't think the problem is from Paypal side. It's been over 3 years that I have been using the same Paypal, the same Card and the same billing and shipping address.

I've seen numerous posts on various threads reporting the same problem. 

It appears to be yet another technical issue, to add to the never ending eBay collection.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

So it appears that at some point my Paypal Account was somehow blocked due to many log ins from different browsers, incognito, VPN etc. Paypal customer support told me to clear cache and cookies and log in from a "secure connection" change my password and try again. At this point after numerous messages to the specific seller that I wanted to buy from and had problems with, I saw that he/she created a new listing of the product. Out of curiosity I tried to checkout again from the old listing, unsuccessfully. Finally, I bought the product from the new listing. Anyway, that's all, thank you everyone for your suggestions.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

I was also having problems, but I went to my account and looked to all of my payment options, accounts and found that things were missing. Check and update all your payment info and paypal info and it should correct the problem, it did for me...

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

I am having the same issue and I still cannot resolve it. For some reason I am also getting the layout text switched to Chinese (? CJK) characters and the ebay site is displaying that even though I live in the US. Paypal fails silently and just request an additional credit card repeatedly....

Strange bugs.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

A quick update. There is a blame game going on between both companies.
Paypal is refusing to process the payment due to the fact that "an issue with ebay" and ebay simply gives you a generic "use another payment method" or email the seller for an invoice. I called today and the Ebay customer support just said to get an invoice from the seller or eat the unpaid item penalty.

Absolutely, brilliant.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

Check the flag at the bottom of your eBay main page and make sure it's on the US flag.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

Try removing all of your saved payment methods and trying again without saving any new payment methods to your account. Do the same for PayPal.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

I've been having the same problem for a week.  My problem is even though I have asked the seller for a re-listing neither he nor anybody on his end speaks English, so he continues to do nothing but send me two word messages such as, "no pay?"

Grrrr. What do you do when your seller doesn't speak your language?

Goodgrrrlsdrinkcoke

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Unable to checkout

Ask what language they speak and get someone to translate?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply