cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech issue - Hover to zoom feature not working.

I see from the Tech Support forum, this is not a new issue.  I've cleared cache, rebooted, changed password 2X and am using the most recent version of Edge.  Can someone respond please on the status of this issue?  There is no point in contacting an assistant - he/she will tell me to do the above.   As a buyer, this feature is critical.  

Thanks for any help/insight!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Tech issue - Hover to zoom feature not working.

I haven't been able to find a way to report it to customer service. All I could find was a page showing "select problem" and the zoom feature or anything close to it was not selection. 

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

@sw44magnumman 

Try going to this eBay Help Page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/technical-issues/technical-issues?id=4220

Once on the page, scroll to the bottom to view the contact options that are currently available.  If requesting a call-back is an option, I would try that one first.  Otherwise, you can select Chat, and when the chat box opens type in AGENT and that should get you into a chat with a real human being and not an automated bot.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

Hello and thank you for your reply. Yes, my laptop is touch enabled. Its funny because I called eBay customer service last night and they assured me that it wasn't an eBay problem. Thanks again and sorry that I missed the answer the first time! -- Brad

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

@bkkeen 

Hello, Brad and you are welcome.  

Unfortunately, eBay customer service is not always aware of every technical issue affecting the site.  Hopefully, the hover-to-zoom feature issue will be resolved soon. 

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

I'm using a desktop PC.  There are no touch devices attached, and all touch-related options are turned off in settings (I found that most of the touch features when you have no touch devices interfere with some software I rely).

The hover-to-zoom feature was working for me around 10 days ago, I'm 100% certain.

However I've noticed that listings now no longer show "hover to zoom" but instead say "click to enlarge" which implies to me this is a feature change, not a bug, and that ebay is unlikely to change it back.

But hey, I felt I've been spending a bit much on ebay auctions lately, so this will help me avoid buying things as much.

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

@e-arkham 

There are a couple of other members that have also reported they are not using a touch-enabled device.  I will attempt to tag the eBay dev team member that was looking into this for us and let him know.

I hope they will get this resolved soon for all of us.

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

I hope it's not a feature change although I could probably take a break from buying as well! 🤣😉    This is a valuable tool - surely product development would never remove a well-used and necessary feature! 

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

Why I certainly am!  Dell XPS 13 Windows 10.  But it appears from the thread you posted it is not just touch screen users.  Glad you connected with an ebay developer and this is an active fix.

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

You ARE a Rockstar!😉

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@anglophile62 

Thank you, I am trying.  I have confirmed that the issue IS NOT RESOLVED with the dev team here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Zoom-feature-on-listing-images/m-p/33813666#M2228659 

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

I just logged in to ebay.  Hit one of the listings on my watch list.  Hover to zoom worked, but there was no text saying hover to zoom, just "click to enlarge.  Then I went to check this message board and when I went back to my listings, no hover to zoom on the one listing I checked nor any other.  So maybe they are testing....

Anyone who thinks AI/computing is the answer to all our problems doesn't rely on hover to zoom! 😉

Anglophile62

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

Hover-to-zoom just began working for me as I was browsing.  It definitely was not working at the start, then began just now.

So hopefully I was wrong, and this is in fact a bug that they're fixing (or have fixed) rather than a feature change.

Listings still show "click to enlarge" rather than "hover to zoom" however.

Thanks to you, mysterious ebay tech out there who is working on it.  Hover to zoom is an absolute necessity for many of us.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

@anglophile62 

I just checked an item on my watchlist, as well as several of my listings, and the hover to zoom is working.  There is no text saying hover to zoom, only click to enlarge, but the image is zooming when hovering over it.

Screenshot 2023-06-16 091446.jpg

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

H2Z.jpg

@mcdougle4248 

Seems to be working for me also.  I checked several watchlist items as well as some random ones from a saved search.  It's still not functioning as before, but it's working.  I love progress!

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

@anglophile62 

Wonderful!  I am tagging below one of the dev team members that has been working on this issue for us.

@tustil72 

Some in this thread are reporting seeing the hover to zoom feature enabled now, however, the text on the image is only displaying "click to enlarge" and no "hover to zoom" text.  Will the text "hover to zoom" return to the images?

Message 30 of 37
latest reply