cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended

Hello,

I've been suspended for a few days and ebay support won't tell me why... suggested I create a new account.

I have explained my situation several times, so I have two countrys from which I shop UK and Lithuania.

No one said why I was suspended. And it is not clear what to do next... can someone write how to solve the problem?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Suspended

@edvinjakub 

I'm curious as to why CS told you to create a new account... Did you contact them from this site?

Worse yet, if you contacted them from an online search you reached a scam site.  I would try contacting ebay for business on facebook or X (twitter ).   They're more apt to give you a reason for suspension, and a remedy if possible.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Suspended

What did the email say that they sent you?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Suspended

eBay support gave you incorrect information.

You cannot create a new account to bypass a suspension.

Read the message you received regarding the suspension, it will tell you why. 

Multiple accounts policy 

IMG_1604.jpeg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Suspended

@edvinjakub wrote:

I've been suspended for a few days and ebay support ... suggested I create a new account.  

Hello.  With friends like that, you don't need enemies.  It's a policy violation to create a new account to avoid eBay sanctions against the other one.  You say the suspension you have now is for a few days ... if you follow that suggestion, you could be looking at a much longer suspension.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Suspended

I am add message from ebay that I got:

"

Hello edvinjakub,
We wanted to let you know that we changed your eBay password because your account may have been accessed without your permission. We understand that this is unsettling news, but rest assured your account is now safe. For your protection, you’ll just need to verify some information to reactivate your account before you can continue to buy and sell.

Here’s what you should know
 - We’ve secured your account by changing your password.
 - Any unauthorized bids or purchases have been canceled.
 - Any fraudulent listings have been removed and we’ve credited the associated fees. If any of your listings were removed, you’ll find more details below. 

Here’s what you should do
 - Contact us and we’ll help you access your account. Once you get in touch, we’ll ask you to verify your contact and billing information, and reset your password.

We also recommend
 - Setting up two step verification.
 - Changing your secret questions.
"

Then I changed my password but nothing happened.
I called 4 times and all the agents said different things, but no one ever called back or helped.

I have two places of residence, Lithuania and Scotland, the problem was that I changed my phone number, but I have both of them and can confirm, but no one called me and asked for confirmation.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Suspended

@edvinjakub,

Thanks for sharing the message. It helps us understand the issue.

Did you contact eBay as they requested, using the link they gave you? What happened then?

lacemaker3_0-1713440157870.png

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Suspended

So I called 3 times when I was in Scotland on Friday 04/12 and yesterday when I was already in Lithuania once 04/17.

The first time they identified me and said they would call my old number, they didn't.

Then they didn't call me the second time either, I called the third time from the old number and they said they would call me back, but nothing.

Yesterday, for the fourth time, I was offered to create a new account and didn't explain why just end call...

So I'm writing here, maybe I can get some advice on where to apply next and what to do

Message 8 of 8
latest reply