cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store keeps opening to buyers on Best Match. It is set to open on newest listings

I have been selling on ebay since 9-2009 and have always set my store to open on the newest listings. For about the past month it has opened to Best Match. I have checked my set up and it is set to new listings. I do not know how to get it back where it was, on new listings. Can anyone give me any suggetions. Would be really appreciated. Gracia

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Store keeps opening to buyers on Best Match. It is set to open on newest listings

When they changed stores in late May, they killed the implementation  of number of settings seller could make.  One of those was choosing the search method.  Best Match is now the unchangeable default. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Store keeps opening to buyers on Best Match. It is set to open on newest listings

When they changed stores in late May, they killed the implementation  of number of settings seller could make.  One of those was choosing the search method.  Best Match is now the unchangeable default. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

THANK YOU FOR THAT INFORMATION. NOW AT LEAST I KNOW IT IS NOT SOMETHING WRONG I WAS DOING.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@songofthebrazosgracia

@dhbookds

It seems to be at least somewhat user dependent -- when I open that store page, I see "Newly listed" as the default setting. But if I sign out, it changes to "Best Match".

I seem to be able to control that globally by going to the "Listings" link (rather than the "Store" link), and using the "customize" link on the view gallery/listings dropdown in the upper right corner of the list. I believe that controls the default setting for all of my own searches.

So you can control that only for yourself; your users can control it for themselves if they choose.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply