cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can NOT edit business policies.

I have been dealing with this for a couple of weeks and have called Ebay multiple times with several tickets being put in for technical help/fix.  Ever since I opted out of the New ebay international program that took the place of the global program I can not change my business policies to add ebay international standard delivery.  Every agent I speak with has tried to have me do all sorts of ways to get it to take and it just has errors and creates another policy with no items as a copy of my policy I am trying to change.  I just want my account back to the way it was before they changed it.  I have multiple international customers that can no longer go to my store and see my items and they are messaging me. I am LOSING business over this!!  The last agent I spoke with tried to get me to opt out of the policies, that is NOT a option!!  I have almost 5000 items it would take weeks to go through every one of those. They could change my account at a flip of a switch so now get it back to the way it was before. I am tired of wasting valuable time trying to resolve this issue.  If everything has to be redone and I have to spend the time doing it, I will open my own web site and just leave Ebay.  Thats how frustrated I am. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Still can NOT edit business policies.

@hispeedsalvage 

I looked at a few of your listings and none of them ship outside the USA. 
Are there listings you have set up to ship internationally that can’t be updated with the new EIS?

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@dryophelia 

The OP sells motorcycle parts and the EIS program excludes automotive parts.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thats what the problem is.  None of my listings will let me add to that policy international standard delivery.  So now none of my international customers can see anything I have listed.    

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@bossesale77 wrote:

@dryophelia 

The OP sells motorcycle parts and the EIS program excludes automotive parts.

EIS excludes USED automotive parts. Not 'all' (or any 'new'). 

@hispeedsalvage 

You cannot use EIS at this time; in a while you may as they are 'going' through the parts that may NOT have any petroleum based residues.  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers 

Thank you for the clarification.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

So If I jump back into the New international program I can sell used parts international?  I ask because I was on the "new" program for a couple months. The only reason I got out is it was charging my international customers way too much for shipping.  I was using the old global program without any issues at all selling internationally its when they just did this change it messed everything up when I had customers purchasing multiple items which they do alot, I couldnt combine the order and the shipping on there end was crazy. They new how much it was approximately be because they purchase from me all the time, they were complaining to me and I had no control over what ebay was charging them. I have spoke to 8+ agents at ebay and they have gone through my account, not one has mentioned I couldnt sell used parts internationally.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

No, you can't. I'm confused though, as GSP was MUCH higher than EIS- but either way, until they 'go through those items'...

USED auto parts are excluded for now. 

BUT; you CAN ship international on your own

a.) you'd have to show a 'shipping cost' for both 'Canada' and 'Worldwide' so they can purchase. 

b.) you'd have to manually change each listing (to NO exclusions) and you can 'bulk edit' when it comes to size/price to ship.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I am totally confused.  I called ebay again and they are telling me there are no exclusions on "used" parts.  I did go ahead and re-enroll in there international program so my buyers can see my items in my store and I also added additional international shipping services. I have sold 2 parts internationally already that are going through there international program.  So I dont know, what to make of any of this.  I just like how things was set up before, that worked easy breezy for me and my customers.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Just a heads up; Shipping 1st Class (under 16oz) to Canada using EIS, cost to customer is $14.71. It also notes to that customer that 'taxes' and 'customs' may be due at time of delivery- so I know it's lower price because GPS used to charge the customer all those 'extras' up front. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

On another note; it is clearly defined that 'Used Parts' on ebay motors are excluded.

eBay International Shipping | eBay

• Any category or items containing Radium or other radioactive materials
  • Business & Industrial > Heavy Equipment & Attachments
  • Collectibles > Knives, Swords & Blades (over 4 inches)
  • eBay Motors > Airbags, Used Parts, AC Refrigerant
  • Electronics > Standalone Lithium Batteries (not inside or with a device)
  • Electronics > High-power Lithium Battery devices (over 100 watt-hour)
  • Health & Beauty > Fragrances (Flammable Perfumes & Cologne)
  • Jewelry > High value (over $2500)
  • Personal Security > Pepper Spray, Stun Guns, Handcuffs
  • Sporting Goods > Other (CO2 Cartridges, Firearm Parts, Laser Scopes)
  • Stamps, Coins & Paper Money > Prohibited to China
Message 11 of 11
latest reply