cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Labels all of a sudden printing way too big.

Have printed shipping labels (4" x 6") on my dymo label printer for years.  All of a sudden, they are printing as big as a full page of 8.5" x 11" paper.  Have checked all of my settings, and everything is as should be.  Possible ebay glitch?

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Shipping Labels all of a sudden printing way too big.

Firefox update? It messed mine up but I use a regular printer.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I restored my computer to date before recent Firefox update, but that didn't help.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Check the following:

Make sure Printer Preferences are still set for 4"x6".

Make sure ebay label format is still set for 4"6".

Make sure your browser is opening PDF files with Adobe and not its built in reader.

If still a problem come back with OS, browser, and printer model you are using.

Does the label preview look correct?  A screen shot will help.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Make sure "scaling" is set to 100%. Sounds like it is 200%+ right now

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thank you very much.  I used Adobe and it worked. 

I really appreciate your time and information!!!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Great, glad that fixed it.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I have had this problem using a regular inkjet printer for over a month. The only thing i can do is save the label as a document then i go in and reduce it from near 200% to 100% in size but it still prints down the middle of a sheet of paper instead of making 2 sideway labels per page so i can't even use my sticky backed paper labels only plain paper.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@propacker819   Did you check that the half page label is still selected in ebay shipping?  If so, you need to then check that your browser is opening PDF files, like the label, with Adobe and not its built in reader.  Then you will be able to make the adjustments need to properly print the label.

If still a problem come back with OS and browser you are using.  Does the label preview look correct?  A screen shot of it will help locate the problem.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I have used my old pc using windows xp and never had a problem, i also tried on another computer using windows 10 and still does the same big label so not a pc problem since a second ebay name prints labels properly on it. i have tried firefox, google and a few other browsers.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Settings under two different ID's (names) may be different, so one works and the other doesn't.  Settings on PC's get changed sometimes when updates are made or when certain apps run and do not reset them.

Pick a PC and browser, and do the following:

Update your browser and then update Adobe, in that order, if needed.
Set your browser to open PDF files with Adobe, and not its built in reader/viewer.

On the ebay shipping page, at the upper right under Order Details scroll down and click on Show More. Then at the bottom click on “Change” and select PDF and below that the label size you are using.

Create a USPS label as usual and click print. It should open in an Adobe PDF print window.

Adobe print options should be set to Actual Size and Auto Orientation.

Preview of the label should be properly shown in the format outline. Print your label.

If still a problem, post a screen shot of the entire label preview.  You can block out any addresses.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

SAME THING HAPPENING AGAIN.  LABELS PRINT OUT 200% NO MATTER WHAT PRINTER SETTING GIVEN.

THE ONLY WAY TO PRINT IS JUST CLOSE THE WINDOW.    GO BACK INTO EBAY FIND " REPRINT LABEL"

(which is a freaking chore in itself). AND REPRINT.

Good Job Ebay!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

This is an old thread, if you still have the problem start a new one with further details.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Having exactly the same problem with both my printers canon ip7250 and Epson 4100  absolutely baffling it's happened only in the last week checked all settings using via android but never had an issue before and print an awful lot from various sources all the time but this only happens with eBay label printing 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@bustertustin69  You need to check the settings using a browser on the create label page.  Look to the lower right to select the correct format. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply