cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search within category only works for page 1

This started failing sometime in the last 36 hours.

When I do a seach within a category, in my case "Norway" in stamps (with some additions), and have them sorted with newest listing first, the first page is fine. But when I click to the next page, the category gets reset and I get *all* items that match. This makes the search practically useless. I can either only get a fraction of the new items (unless I search every few hours) or I have to wade through lots of uninteresting stuff.

I haven't "saved" the search, just bookmarked the URL in my browser but I get the same issue if I try a new search directly from the home page.

I even tried a very simple search in a different browser where I'm not logged in so it has nothing to do with my account or the complex details of my search. So something seems to be fundamentally broken.

It is still usable for some searches I have which have only a few new hits per day but not for more common ones.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Search within category only works for page 1

I couldn't reproduce this, worked fine with 25/50/100/200 results per page....and Norway/Stamps, Stamps/Norway searches.......also tried a different country and ending soonest, still looked fine......

Are you using desktop or mobile?

@bjornmu

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm on desktop. Firefox on Linux Mint, though I doubt the browser has influence on what eBay returns. I could well imagine that mobile would be different, I have seen before failures only appearing on one platform. [edit] I also tested with Vivaldi, same result.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Same issue here with Hungarian keyword in category stamps. Looks like a bug in Ebay system it's was good till Friday.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

OK so it's not just me. I wonder if it may be related to the "Shop By Price" that appears on top of the search result page. I haven't seen that before, I suspect it's not a coincidence that this came at the same time.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Whatever it was, the problem seems to have gone away now. It would be nice of someone from eBay could confirm it was a bug.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Now it's broken again! Smiley Mad This seems to be caused by the "Shop By Price" which also returned.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply