cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search this store

If I click on someone's store so I can go search for a companion item to the one I'm looking at or for whatever reason I expect to be able to search within that store. In fact in the upper search bar it says clearly search within this store!

Yet when I try to search within that store it searches all of eBay instead it's very frustrating I wish you guys would just roll everything back to the way it was it worked fine before good grief it's so frustrating!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Search this store

@tina-gee

To stay within the store for subsequent searches, use your browser's back arrow. That will return you to the 'Search this store'

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@tina-gee wrote:

If I click on someone's store so I can go search for a companion item to the one I'm looking at or for whatever reason I expect to be able to search within that store. In fact in the upper search bar it says clearly search within this store!

Yet when I try to search within that store it searches all of eBay instead it's very frustrating

In the three stores I searched, in all cases the search results returned items only from the seller's store ...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have had the same results trying to search for items in my own store! I am the seller and know what is listed so I can find ways around this. My concern is the BUYER! If they are shopping in my store, I expect them to be able to keep shopping without getting search results of items in other stores or from other sellers. What happened to the separate Store Search? It went away with the new and improved store format. When we are able to make changes to our store, will we have the option of adding a separate Store Search? It is very confusing for the buyer and also sends them outside my store to search for more items, maybe because they used the wrong keyword in their search. This is so wrong!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

brian@ebay  any news on getting this bug corrected?  It's been a while since the first report and we haven't heard anything back.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@dollybeauty wrote:

@tina-gee

To stay within the store for subsequent searches, use your browser's back arrow. That will return you to the 'Search this store'

I agree. If you are in a store and click on a listing, do not use the search bar unless you want out of that store. Backspace out of that listing, then use the search bar.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@tina-gee wrote:

Yet when I try to search within that store it searches all of eBay instead it's very frustrating I wish you guys would just roll everything back to the way it was it worked fine before good grief it's so frustrating!

Hi @tina-gee, I've tried to replicate this issue but am unable to; the store search is working properly for me. If you can provide me detailed steps to replicate the issue then I'll get it reported to our developers. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

G if I was notified that someone replied to me in a timely manner I would have reply back. Yes he went along for quite a while where it would randomly searched the entire database not just the store I would say it did that for a couple of months perhaps? That would just come back to normal. There are no details I could have given you anyway it was just searching within the store there was no magic to it was what it was searching within the store!

A click on visit the store or other items or whatever a long list of items being sold with load and I would enter a search in the bar that had the words search within the store well that's what would happen and yes it did happen it happened on two different computers and my tablet is well so it could not have been just me
Message 8 of 8
latest reply