cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAN forms

devon@ebay 

A number of members have had trouble generating SCAN forms.

There is this thread - 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Scan-Form-Not-Generating-error-message-repeatedly/m-p/3289829...

And this one - 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Scan-Form-Not-Generating-error-message-repeatedly/m-p/3289829...

Can you help elevate the issue?  Thanks!

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: SCAN forms

Hey Devon... this is not fixed at the global level.   I havent been able to generate a scan form for over a week.   It did start working regularly after the new year for me, but now I cannot get one to print.   And for the record, whoever, put that timer in that says you have 24 minutes to generate them... I ALWAYS am attempting to generate these less than 60 seconds after I hit that page.   PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE SCAN FORMS SO THEY WORK EVERYTIME.   This is SO frustrating.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

It appears this is still an issue. I'll apologize to my mail carrier for this bugged service.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

This has been an issue for me for months. Why is this still an open issue?

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@the_midnight_tavern 

@comicnationus 

Have you contacted customer service and had your account added to the ticket?  It does help as I no longer have the problem.  I know we should not have to do this, but it is more important to be able to get the form.

The easiest way to do this is to post a private message on social media. www.facebook.com/ebay  www.twitter.com/ebay 

eBay member since 2001.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

This is still happening, especially late at night. I am having to process some orders late and I am wondering if there is some "cut off" time for scan forms, because it sure seems like it. I'm wondering if it has to do with the date showing shipped on the label, and then trying to generate a scan form which would have that same date, and it knows there is no PO is open that late. For instance if I'm processing orders past 10 PM EST. I haven't had much trouble during the day anymore. There is also a countdown timer to generate the form which is pointless if you cant actually generate it. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

As of today August 14th 2023 this issue has not been resolved yet... 

eBay, a multimillion company, how come no one in their technical support department is capable to fix this? it's been a year already.. maybe more. so long I can't remember. USPS clerks don't want to scan more than 10 packages, a headache everyday for sellers. 

This is a serious issue, late packages affects Seller Performance, hence more fees and lost of status. It makes seller's work more difficult. Also creates problems with the Post Office personal.

I've called already like 3 times to eBay to report this and nothing has been done regarding this. Nothing. This is beyond ridiculous.  

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Did you specifically ask them to add you to the ticket for ALERT 14365? 

I agree that it is shameful that the problem persists, but it seems they are able to correct one user at a time.  Sounds like they just can't find the root cause 😞

eBay member since 2001.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

8/31/23 Thursday evening - scan form won't print.  The ladies at the post office get very upset with me when they have to scan every package.  This issue needs to be fixed as we head into the busy season.  Please someone at eBay fix this, it has been happening sporadically for at least 8 months.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Did you specifically ask customer service to add you to the ticket for ALERT 14365?  It isn’t a perfect solution, but it worked for me.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply