cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Respond to question link not working in Seller hub

Does anyone else have this happen?

I click on the Respond to question link or the number under the questions column and get this message all the time regardless of how old or new the message is. 

If ebay wants to force us to use this ridiculous looking selling page, they should at least see to it that it functions properly. This is the message I get every time I click on Respond to question...

103_2069.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Respond to question link not working in Seller hub

@magicjohnsonsvariety   What happens if you just go to My ebay> messages without using seller hub? 

https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessages/0

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

@magicjohnsonsvariety   What happens if you just go to My ebay> messages without using seller hub? 

https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessages/0

Oh yea, the drop down to messages works fine. 

Seems I'm the only this happens to...odd...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@magicjohnsonsvariety   I have seen other reports of this for about 6 months but there are not very many so it's hard for eBay to track down the cause.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi, I have the answer... I just came across exactly this same problem today and at first couldn't see any way to clear these annoying "Respond To Question" / "You have unanswered questions"  message alongside items in the seller hub.. 

There is a dropdown box/ arrow just to the right of that "you have unanswered questions" message.

Click it and select "Mark as answered" - job done..

( you may say there is no such drop down box .. this was the case for me today)

The reason I didn't spot the drop down box at first was because I had that first column ( where the message appears) set to quite narrow... it was "too" narrow and so did not display the drop down box / the drop down box was not visible .... by widening the column (put mouse pointer on column line , click/hold and drag across to the right) it revealed the box and its functions.

Top tip.. if you have a lot of these to do, it becomes annoying that the whole page has to refresh after each time you click the "mark as answered" ( especially if you have 100+ items for sale) .. an easy way to avoid the page refreshing each time is to put the mouse over the "mark as read" link & then right click and select open in new tab.. then just scroll down to the next message that you need to do the same to.. afterwards you just close all the extra tabs .. Job done ! ( hope that makes sense and helps someone else out there ! )

- Rich.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Old  zombie thread from 2021. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Lol, yes, but someone will find it ( as I did)  if they have the same problem and google for an answer..

Therefore the post / reply may be of use ..to someone who reads it.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply