cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

This thread is dedicated to reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics. Please share details including screenshots, steps to recreate, etc. This thread is not meant to be a place for in-depth discussion of the situation, but to be a  place for you to provide us detail into what you're seeing so we can pass this on to the appropriate teams.

Please know that off-topic discussions in this thread will be moved to their own threads. 

For the most recent updates on this issue please review the Announcements Board.

Message 1 of 389
latest reply
388 REPLIES 388

Re: Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

@elliottmotorsports308   Do you think you can point to anything "Item Specific" related that might have caused the drop in sales?  For example, if you ended one of your older listings and then Relisted it are ALL the original Item Specifics on the Relisted item?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 61 of 389
latest reply

I am listing fabric for crafting and one of the item specifics is 'Shoe Width'. What??!!

Message 62 of 389
latest reply

Listing a pair of Womens Boots today.  Issues:

1.  Shoe Width and Size Type are redundant fields in item specifics

2. There are NO International size fields anymore!!!  This is a huge issue for me.  Please bring back EU and UK size fields for shoes!

3.  Color is a SUBJECTIVE specific and should NOT be required.  There are many borderline colors and it is easy to get in the weeds here.  Just today's example: the color boots I'm listing are "stone"...kind of brown, kind of gray, not quite beige, closer to taupe.  For these types of colors I don't want to be forced to choose when eBay does not back up sellers on INAD cases for color.  I have clear photos and I include the manufacturer color name if available.  But forcing me to make a subjective call on color opens me up to unhappy buyers when their version does not match my forced item specific.  Is teal blue or is it green?  Is peach pink or orange?  There is no right answer and now we are in the weeds.  Please take color out of Required specifics and put it in Recommended.

Message 63 of 389
latest reply

Thank you for this post. I am a long time seller as well and my sales are almost completely dropped off.  I have had issues as well when I revise my listings, but I am not hearing of if this is effecting the sales of others also. Just trying to make a living here, but now my sales are almost nothing now.

Message 64 of 389
latest reply

NOTHING LIKE ROLLING OUT CHANGES THAT DON'T WORK BEFORE THE BUSIEST TIME OF THE YEAR....CHRISTMAS!

offers don't appear to be working this morning either.

Message 65 of 389
latest reply

Also, in regards to Shoe Categories for Baby/Toddler vs Girls/Boys:

You need to have a clear cutoff size for these categories.  For example, Toddler size options should not overlap with Girl size options.  As a buyer, searching size 9 boots brings up different results in each category, but they are the same size boots.

Message 66 of 389
latest reply

@community_team 

Hi, again. How long will this thread be open for comments? And how will replies to sellers be handled, i.e. fixed, being fixed and when, about to be fixed, or can't be fixed...or will there be a summary of just what has occurred here? Will the the IS summary be revised? Don't want to waste my time here posting if we don't get to see just what suggestions/fixes we are to expect and that ebay considered our concerns. Thank you. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 67 of 389
latest reply

In the Crafts / Fabric category - the "old" item specific for Width was removed.  There is a now a new item specific called Shoe Width - that has a drop down menu with typical fabric widths in it.    The values I put in the "old" Width item specific have not been transferred to the new one.  But if you are going to keep the new one - please remove the word Shoe.

Message 68 of 389
latest reply

I am listing in Crafts>Fabric. One of the item specifics is Shoe width. 

Message 69 of 389
latest reply

Why Would a men's casual shirt have a built in bra? What is this warmth measurement description (200, 300, 55, 860, etc.) How and who makes that determination and what do those values indicate?

Message 70 of 389
latest reply

Some categories ask for measurements to be designated using the inch symbol ". Other categories ask for the inch measurement specifics to be abbreviated as in. . Can this please be standardized across the platform?

Message 71 of 389
latest reply

@community_team 

I keep getting the message below when I fill in the "size" box in the "required" field on variation main listing page of variation listings on men's pants & jeans.  When I go to submit after putting "various" in the currently blank size box as I always have  I get this blocking message shown below.  Then just to get it moving, I even tried to put the multiple sizes in the "size" box and that gave the same message.  I finally have just been leaving the "size" box blank, but I know that is not a permanent fix.

"! It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Variations Specifics and Item Specifics entered for a Multi-SKU item should be different."

I have used variation listings for several years and now when I try to fix them, I get blocked from moving forward with them.  

Why is this happening?  I feel quite frustrated enough fixing these, now I actually can't.  I spend hours trying to deal with this all since the "update", but feel like no head way is being made.

Also, my selling amounts per day on my "Seller Hub" is a day behind and updates in a way I have never seen.  It slowly goes up for the day before.  I am seeing Wednesday update a little at a time today, Thursday.  

I really do hope eBay thinks carefully before making more changes after his ongoing situation that is still not fixed.  

Message 72 of 389
latest reply

@claudia4204 

@community_team 

The amount of fields showing up is too much to know what to do in the men's area.

The headings on some boxes is just crazy for the item being listed.  - Like "Department"  When I am listing in the category of "Men's Clothing - Men's Shirts - Casual Button Down", but then it asks for the "department" in the fields below.  Well, why would I choose "Men's Clothing - Men's Shirts - Casual Button Down" category if I was going to sell an item from the women's department?  Of course this is men's, otherwise the category would not be Men's in the first place.  Why do we have to pick the category & department in 2 different areas?  Shouldn't the system know what department we are listing in when we choose "Men's Clothing - Men's Shirts - Casual Button Down"?  This just makes no sense to me. It seems repetitive and a waste of non-necessary information.

Also, the items that come out of the drop down from these fields in men's shirts is overwhelming &  not even close to anything the item listed would ever be.  I sell men's clothing & it seems there is all kinds of things in the pull down that have nothing to do with anything any man I know would be wearing.

This all seems like a scrambled mess.

Message 73 of 389
latest reply

we had all kinds of errors listing over 50 items the other day. seemed like every item needed to be edited. it was even saying that the item specific 'vintage' needed to be added. we weren't even listing anything vintage.  when we purchase through ebay, we NEVER look at the item specifics.  we read the description and look at the pics. they keep adding more stuff for us to include in the listing which in turn takes us more time, which in turn we don't list as much which in turn ebay doesn't make the money they would have. they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Message 74 of 389
latest reply

ITEM SPECIFICS 

My describer has been in the stamp and Postal history Auction business since 1980 He used to mail his published auctions worldwide.

These are his coments about your Required Specifics.

" Jennifer,

The item specifics ebay requires is doubling the time it takes me to describe 200 items a month for your auctions.

Stamp Collectors look for detailed descriptions in the description tabs

since every stamp and every postal cover has unique qualities that can not be " One Size Fits All"

The 4 required fields are time consuming and redundant because they are in the description.

Instead of making it easier by placing these required specifics first ,they have them spread out all over the spread sheet. More time wasted.

CERTIFICATION : 99.9999 % of all listed items in stamps and covers with a value of 1$ to $500 are uncertified. To require us to say the item is UNCERTIFIED 

is silly and a waste of time. 90 % of listed items are 20 $ and below. To get certification for cheap common items cost a mininimum of $25 from APS, ASDA 

or any other Stamp authority. Neither buyer or seller expect to provide certification unless thy are 500 to several thousand in value.

GRADE: is useless and redundant since professionals provide this in the description which is what every collector looks for.

PLACE OF ORIGIN : It is the first WORD IN THE TITLE AND DESCRIPTION.

and  ebay's program for specifics already knows it. More waste of time.

QUALITY: Any professional Philatelist seller or collector look for the description after the Title. Redundant and more waste of time.

Besides there is no list of specifics for Postal History meaning covers with stamps which ebay collectors look for in our store and many other sites. Covers need detailed description that none of ebay's required specifics can provide.

I am no longer  able to list 200 items every week for your auctions. 

You have 10,000 items in your store which will take countless of hours to abide to these redundant ridiculous specifics."

Message 75 of 389
latest reply