cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relist Date BUG in search results by Time, Newly Listed

Relisting tool has a DATE bug in search results

I just came across this bug this week, but it has been around since at least Aug., 2020.

When I sell an item that has another to sell, I use the sold item to RELIST the item I want to.

Unfortunately, the eBay Bug gives the new listing a date associated with a sold item that could be 2 year ago.

That means if somebody searches for that item AND they choose the sort of "Time: Newly Listed", my newly listed item 15th in the result instead of 1st. It has a date of Aug. 20 (2020) instead of April, 30, 2022.

I have found this relist date bug also affects how items are display in an eBay Store.

Stranger yet, if you go to an eBay Seller's list of item for a seller (not their store), the correct day is used. [View a seller's item for sell. Again not their store]

Like I said, this relist date bug has been around at least since 2020. I have called into eBay customer support, but unfortunately, this is a complicated bug; so I'm not sure what will be lost in translation when they deal with the tech team.

What I hope is that other people will confirm the bug and call in to report it.

Easy way to verify the bug:
1.) at the main search field search "Buffy 8 40"
2.) make sure the results are sorted by Time: Newly Listed
2.) search the results for "imapaqrat"
3.) make a note of the ImaPaqRat item's date / time
4.) my item 134101999711 was actually started Apr 30, 2022 04:11:24 PDT
5.) my item 133952489617 was actually started Dec 02, 2021 17:33:16 PST

If you are a seller that RELISTS items, you can check you own items and when you open the item, it shows you the Start Time.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Relist Date BUG in search results by Time, Newly Listed

Just had another long conversation with eBay Customer Support.

He opened a 2nd ticket (REQ000003422570) and put an alert on it.

During the conversation, we found even more anomalies around how "Newly Listed" sorted, search results, display. 

Hopefully, this time something will get done.

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

Hey @imapaqrat. According to the pinned post on this forum, the relist date bug was resolved last week. Are you seeing that it's fixed on your end?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 32 of 44
latest reply

7/13/2022 9:00AM and the bug HAS NOT BEEN FIXED.

Just relisted eBay item: 134171696747, it shows up in the Newly Listed search results as Jun-21 07:45.

Can you put the link to the Pinned Post?  I'd like to leave the same feedback.

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

I feel like it was fixed for a time but once again, is not working properly.

Sorting by "New" are not mappig to the current listing dates.

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

Correct.  The bug has not been fixed. As a seller I now have to choose between the benefits of using Relisting so the old listing has a link to the relisted item and sell similar, so the sort by new date is correct.

Why the heck eBay can't fix this stupid bug is beyond me.  Nobody benefits.  I'm buying less and selling less.

So sick of this crap.

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

I relisted this item today - 7/21/2022.

Notice the date displayed on the listing when viewed using "Newly Listed" reflects

04/14/2022 instead of 7/21/2022.

It doesn't matter if I use List View or Gallery View - the date displayed is the same.

There are over 55,000 items if someone does a search for "Fenton."

Using the sort of "Newly Listed" is what buyers use to see "new items for sale."

No one will ever see this listing if they use a generic "Fenton" search and sort

by "Newly Listed."    

Oddly enough, the New Listing banner is displayed.

_a_user_id__1-1658433092744.png

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

Correct.  Since the date displayed doesn't show the year, you actually don't know if it is 2022, 2021, 2020 or earlier.  I had one relist that used a date that was over 3 years old.

I encourage every seller & buyer to call eBay customer support and complain loudly.

Reference Trouble ticket:  REQ000003422570

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

@imapaqrat wrote:

Just relisted eBay item: 134171696747, it shows up in the Newly Listed search results as Jun-21 07:45.

The pinned post is at the top of this board (Tech Issues) however it's locked to replies.

What you can do is ask devon@ebay if he can provide insight as to why the issue is listed as resolved in the Ongoing Tech Issues post when you and others haven't seen any kind of fix yet.

Devon, do these sellers need to reach out to CS again and use the same ticket number? Can you help with any info on what's going on? Thanks.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 38 of 44
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@imapaqrat wrote:

The pinned post is at the top of this board (Tech Issues) however it's locked to replies.

What you can do is ask devon@ebay if he can provide insight as to why the issue is listed as resolved in the Ongoing Tech Issues post when you and others haven't seen any kind of fix yet.

Devon, do these sellers need to reach out to CS again and use the same ticket number? Can you help with any info on what's going on? Thanks.

Thank you for the tag @wastingtime101. To help the issue that @imapaqrat is having I have reached out to our tech team and they said:

This is not a bug, but a wanted change. Prior to the change, actual new items would be suppressed by sellers that would constantly relist their items, pushing them back to the top. Buyers would do a query and see falsely "new" items, but then see something like, an item that has been online for 3 minutes, but already sold 3000 units. The system is now showing the original listing date of the item and pushing up items that are actually new to the top. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 39 of 44
latest reply

devon@ebay 

WANTED CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  By Who???????????????????

Buyers hate the change . . . Sellers hate the change!!!!!!!!!!   100% of eBay's customers hate the change.

I believe somebody an eBay needs to explain who "WANTED THIS CHANGE".

Once gain, maybe 1% of the ebay community things this was a good idea.  THEY WERE WRONG!

Can you please find somebody that can provide some statistics and to how and when this "Wanted Change" was scoped.

I've been on eBay for over 24 years and so far, eBay has NEVER asked me about a change they were considering.  So WHO do they get their input from.

Like I said, I am so sick of the crap.  I have to spend an extra hour a day, doing the same stuff I did before the "Wanted Change", because the wanted change SUCKS!

I'm buying less, because I don't have time to deal with the affects of the "Wanted Change", which means I am going to be selling less.  Lose, Lose, Lose.

Who exactly is Winning with this wanted change?

Maybe then need another sort choice, "New Listings by Relist Date" or "New Listings by Original List Date"

Nobody asked me if I "Wanted This Change" . . . did anybody on this thread get asked?

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

As I recall, relists did not include previous sales of an item.  So the example given that an item listed for 3 minutes and showing 3000 sales (presumed to be sales from prior listings) is not accurate.    If this has changed and relists do show previous sales, then maybe multi-quantity relist listings need to be addressed and not the single quantity listings.

That example, is also just one of several scenarios given of the issue and is a draconian action.

Prior comments from "ebay" have also said it was not a bug but as intended, but follow-up conversations with ebay said "no" it is not as intended and is indeed a bug.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

@*_a_user_id_* wrote:

As I recall, relists did not include previous sales of an item.  So the example given that an item listed for 3 minutes and showing 3000 sales (presumed to be sales from prior listings) is not accurate.    If this has changed and relists do show previous sales, then maybe multi-quantity relist listings need to be addressed and not the single quantity listings.

Your recollection is accurate and no, that has not changed. I found that part of Devon's post confusing, as well.

GLORIOUS!

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

This is not a bug, but a wanted change. Prior to the change, actual new items would be suppressed by sellers that would constantly relist their items, pushing them back to the top. Buyers would do a query and see falsely "new" items, but then see something like, an item that has been online for 3 minutes, but already sold 3000 units. The system is now showing the original listing date of the item and pushing up items that are actually new to the top.

Perhaps there is a way that eBay could allow users the option to decide for themselves which sort is preferred for a given search.

If eBay had the option to sort by original listing date (call that "Newly Listed") or by relist date (call that "Newly Relisted"), then everyone could get exactly what they want.

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

eBay, if you take a quick look at my accounts, you will see a tremendous reduction in my purchases on eBay since this "WANTED BUG" was rolled out. The bug has made it impossible for me to my daily niche searches, like I've done for years, without having to spending an extra 90 minutes or more, working around the "WANTED BUG"!

This has become so irritating, I'm not even doing my daily searches most days anymore. Buying Less = Selling Less. After 23+ years on eBay, I can hear the fat lady singing for my business. My items for sale with start to dwindle as I focus on 2 or 3 niche markets, instead of the 2 dozen I had been doing.

This is all because somebody at eBay, decide to break something that 99.99% of eBay customers didn't have an issue with. WANTED BUG!!! Seriously, find out who decided this was wanted and FIRE THEM.

Please take some time and educate your Customer Support people, since they still think this is a bug that need to be fixed.

Also, BE CONSISTENT. The date for the eBay item needs to be consistent across all views. Not one date for search results, then a different date when you open the item.

FINALLY: Display the entire date, which means include the year in the search results. Aug-1 07:35 is a lie if the date is actually Aug-1-2020 07:35.

I'M DONE WITH THIS! Every once in a while, I will check to see if this "WANTED BUG" has been squished. If not I'm not going to bother to search for Newly Listed items.

Message 44 of 44
latest reply