cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find a Community Member's profile page

How do I find search for someone's community page. For example, if you clicked on my name, you would be directed to https://community.ebay.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/24100189?cti=0&pp=1&rp=1 which would show me my profile, as well as link to my ebay page. How do search for a specific user, I could always just punch in every possible URL, but that would take too long, and I know ebay is being considerate about this. (I hope)

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@xplodingcreeper2 

If you see the member's name listed somewhere in the community, then you can just click on it to go to their community profile page.

Otherwise, when you are making a post, you can type the @ symbol then type their user ID (no spaces) and wait a few moments for the search to find the user. If they have ever logged in to the community, then they will have a community profile. Once the search finds the user ID, then click on it to create a tag.

Then preview the post, and you can click on their name in the preview. Then exit the preview, and cancel the post (unless you really want to tag them).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@xplodingcreeper2 

If you see the member's name listed somewhere in the community, then you can just click on it to go to their community profile page.

Otherwise, when you are making a post, you can type the @ symbol then type their user ID (no spaces) and wait a few moments for the search to find the user. If they have ever logged in to the community, then they will have a community profile. Once the search finds the user ID, then click on it to create a tag.

Then preview the post, and you can click on their name in the preview. Then exit the preview, and cancel the post (unless you really want to tag them).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply