cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR shipping information not available at USPS

Tried to ship 2 items this morning, Both are new USPS Ground Advantage. Postal clerk gets error "Unable to retrieve shipping information."
QR codes are: YAJ4MAHQ,  YAXRXMT7

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: QR shipping information not available at USPS

QR codes are back up @tomwvt 

Check the post pinned to the top of this forum for details.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

FWIW. Both sales were Saturday July 8.   I purchased shipping on Monday July 10.  
Still thinking it could be related to the USPS Ground Advantage transition.  Perhaps this label information is getting stored in a new DB location?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Today I also tried to scan the QR code for two packages being shipped with the new USPS Ground Advantage. Tried two different post offices with no luck. Went back to one of the post offices that has a self-service kiosk with the QR scanning function and tried to enter the alpha-numeric code (under the QR code) and still no luck. The postal clerks had no luck either. Tired of running around. eBay please HELP!!!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Can confirm that I'm having the same issue. Two QR codes purchased this morning, neither one is generating a label at the post office.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I was told when calling ebay they are aware of it and working on it. Lots of calls in already. I doubt it will be fixed today but either way I can't go back to post office today. At work now.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I had same problem. I was able to print the label from my computer, just NOT with the QR Code.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Dang what a Nightmare

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I had 2 packages to ship this morning. One was USPS Priority. The QR code for that package worked. The other was the new USPS Ground Advantage. That one did not work. Had to go elsewhere to print out the label. Cost me $4.00 for computer time and print. Came right out of my pocket!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Same issue. Still not fixed today!! Had three packages, only one worked and scanned. Been twice now. You guys need to fix this…. like yesterday. Wasting gas and money going back and forth to the post office!!! 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I had 9 packages to send 7-10-23, all USPS Ground Advantage. I generated the QR codes, and saved them on my phone, as usual. The postal clerk could not retrieve the information, and could not generate a shipping label. This was tried on 3-4 different QR codes, for different packages. I was informed that it had happened to other eBay sellers that had tried to use their QR codes, at the same post office. I was advised to try tomorrow. 

I returned the next day 7-11-23, with the same 9 packages. This time, 6 of the 9 did work, 3 did not. Although the message was different, (sorry that I don't know the wording) - essentially: can't generate the shipping label at this time. I hope that it will work, when I return later today.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

QR codes are back up @tomwvt 

Check the post pinned to the top of this forum for details.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Looks like this issue has been resolved, went to PO around 3:00 PM today 7/12/23 and they were able to print my Ground Advantage label for my package. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply