cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems occurring when shipping from Japan(World) by sea(I want to file a lawsuit.)

The problem of receiving goods free of charge by abusing this shipping arrival period is a serious problem that occurs not only to me but to all buyers.

Hi, my English may have typos. I am very angry with the problems I am currently having

①I have shipped an item to a foreign country (Japan to Country A) by sea.

It was stated in the item description and shipping policy that the item would be shipped by sea. (This is because it usually takes 1-2 months to receive the shipment by sea.)A few days after shipping, I received a question from the buyer about the package.

②I had received the above mentioned that the package was shipped by sea + the official response from the shipping company, so I received that response (tracking is temporarily offline because the package is in transit over seas, and I have no way to track the package). It will be updated once it arrives at the destination port).

At this point, he was aware and understood that it would take time for the goods to arrive

(Evidence A) since he stated so in his response message).

③However, he filed an undelivered request.

I sent several messages to the buyer to ask what happened, but never heard back again.

Shipping by international sea with tracking is the recommended shipping method, at least as stated on the official website of E-BAY in Japan, and I shipped based on that article and the carrier's official response (the package is in normal sea transit).
I was informed by E-RAY that the package was shipped based on that article and the carrier's official response (the package was in good condition and in ocean transit), but they did not listen to me at all and gave me an unintelligible response/response that the package was lost because there was no update for several dozen days until the judgment date of the undelivered request (a definite matter).
To top it off, they misread my information on another listing and replied that the package would arrive soon, even though it was still in transit by sea, and I felt that they had no intention of resolving the issue.

The purchaser was given a forced refund and filed an objection, which was immediately rejected for the same reaso

tproduct was delivered to the purchaser's home within the time frame (within 1-2 months) stated in the delivery policy.

Not surprisingly, since it was not lost and the ship did not sink,

I informed E-BAY that the item was not lost, there were no unusual delays, and it was delivered normally and on time. They responded with this message.
[cut out original].

I understand that you have successfully transported the goods by Japan Post ship and because the goods are at sea, tracking is not updated until arrival at the port ..........
.... If the tracking is not updated for an extended period of time, we will assume that the item was lost in transit. For this reason, the case has been completely closed. If tracking records are not updated for an extended period of time, we will consider the shipment lost in transit.

They are well aware of the disadvantages of shipping, however, their answer was not uttered at all when objecting to the undelivered request. They spoke up after everything was done.

I have also included a sentence that can only be taken sarcastically:【 In the future, I would advise you to always ship the item by air to avoid such situations.】

I am very upset, I feel that I am being perceived as using a method that is not recommended by e-bay (JAPAN) at my own discretion, even though I ship by sea, the shipping method recommended by e-bay (JAPAN), in order to change it cheaper for the buyer, considering the shipping costs and other factors.

The problem of receiving goods free of charge by abusing this shipping arrival period is a serious problem that occurs not only to me but to all buyers.

I have strongly urged E-BAY to improve their regulations regarding tracking of items shipped by sea, but they have not listened to me at all. Why am I being forced to refund my money and have the goods taken by the buyer free of charge when the shipment was made correctly and in the correct manner, with no unusual delays, no ship sinking, and arrived within the delivery time frame? (And there is no indication or response from the buyer to return the item or pay again)

If E-BAY does not protect buyers when shipping by sea (or if they do not deprecate shipping by sea in the future), I am seriously considering suing E-BAY. (I would also consider a class action lawsuit)

I would like someone to work with me on a solution to this problem and tell me how to deal with E-BAY.I would also like to share this topic with many people and put E-BAY to shame.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Problems occurring when shipping from Japan(World) by sea(I want to file a lawsuit.)

Shipping international via ocean cargo is just not compatible with e-commerce and with rare exceptions should never be used.

The United States Postal Service stopped offering ANY surface service for International so have some other countries. Very few buyers would find surface delivery acceptable, many would not know such a thing is even possible.

I have a hard time believing that eBay Japan recommends this, could you provide a url of the page that states this?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Japan Post offers International Parcel Post, the slowest method, and EMS, which is what you should use to avoid not received claims. It delivers in 1-2 weeks instead of 1-2 months.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for contacting us.

日本郵便の国際郵便サービスは6種類 --豊富な配送方法が魅力--

The Japanese above translates to
Japan Post offers six types of international mail service --A wide variety of delivery methods -- Attractive

The shipping method is clearly stated in this "Shipping ship" section. Also, the Japanese E-Bay official wrote at least three articles about the possibility of shipping by sea. We could not find any page describing the disadvantages of shipping by sea.

I am surprised that this is the first time in my life that I have experienced such a problem when I choose..

PS, I may not have posted the url correctly.

The title of the page is   越境ECにおける関税と発送方法を学ぶ

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for contacting us. The official E-BAY page for Japan states that 【shipping by sea】 is available as well as other EMS shipments and air shipments.

Furthermore, the purchaser was aware, understood, and approved that it was 100% shipping by sea , but an objection was raised and I was puzzled
(I can be 100% sure of this because he himself wrote back in reply).

He did not file the objection out of malice, but rather because E-bay's tracking system is buggy? I think it was because E-bay's tracking system was buggy. (The tracking screen is indeed confusing when shipped from Japan, as if the shipment itself is being U-turned in the process...)

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I did not use ems or airmail because the shipping costs are too high. Also, the shipping method previously used has not been resumed due to COVID-19.
We are willing to sell the cheapest product in total.
We did not expect to be treated this way with the E-BAY Japan officially listed shipping method.😐

Message 6 of 6
latest reply