cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem printing shipping labels via Managed Payments or PayPal

Has anyone experienced being unable to print postage this afternoon 08/11? I am trying to print postage for today's purchases, and it is only giving me PayPal as a payment option even though I have been on Managed Payments for a week and have funds in both Available and Pending. Then when I attempt to print via my saved PayPal account, I get this message "Error creating label: Sorry, something went wrong and we could not work out the reason. Please try again later."

I posted this in the peer to peer community help forum and someone suggested I post here in the technical forum as well as I follow their suggestions without any success. Someone suggested printing in bulk, and this was the result

I tried to print via Bulk and it would only do it to my PayPal account, no managed payments, and even then, it said

"Sorry, 4 labels couldn't be generated.

Payment error: please check your payment method and try again."

When I look at my PayPal account, it looks like it is being attempted, and there are plenty of funds available, it is just not processing as it charges and then refunds it back.

I am waiting to hear from eBay directly, as I requested a call but they had about a 45 minute wait

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Problem printing shipping labels via Managed Payments or PayPal

I'm having the same issue today. I couldn't ship any of my orders today. I also had to call Paypal because eBay charged me for attempting to purchase shipping labels that didn't go through. If I may ask, where are you located? I'm in San Diego, CA. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@happycityusa I am in the Frederick, MD area. My PayPal was charged, and then refunded back, whether I did single packages, or the bulk. What is odd is it is not giving me Managed Payments as a payment option, as it had been working smoothly when it started last week through early this morning. Managed Payments still seems to be functioning when it comes to collecting monies, as I had 2 people pay since this started.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Having the same exact issue. Have hit up customer 'service' chat twice this evening and they are absolutely clueless to this issue. Makes no sense that a tech company will not let it's tier 1 support know there are issues.  I have also been waiting for a phone call.  I like the concept of managed payments and definitely like not having Paypal fees but come on.....they gotta make instant payments at some point. Waiting for payouts at the end of the day is so 2010 and because we were used to it going directly to the debit card they should fix this. But right now I want the shipping labels fixed.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Same here. I can not print!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Mine just got enabled. I just printed the last one that I had waited for.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Mine just activated back as well. However, I did speak with a CS a little while ago who said they were aware of this issue.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The two CS I chatted with had no clue. One went as far as to ask me if I could just take my package to the post office.  HUH? Im on the east coast and they were already closed but that was beside the point.  Anyway, happy selling!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I had this problem at first.  A rep advised me to inactivate any payment agreements in PayPal that involve ebay shipping.  This prompts the system to recreate the shipping billing agreement between eBay and PayPal.  In PayPal, go to Account Settings (hover over your name to see the menu); type "manage automatic payments" in the account settings search window and hit enter;  select "update" next to My Automatic Payments; select the "My preapproved payments" link, which is sort of small and in the middle of the screen on my computer;  one at a time, click on any that say eBay Inc. Shipping (you don't need to cancel other eBay agreements) and you'll see the status where you can cancel it; give it a few minutes and then go back to eBay and select PayPal on the label page and it will prompt you to set up the billing agreement again. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Help I did all of that but cannot print a label

Message 10 of 10
latest reply