cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus signs between words in "Search"

When I enter sveral words in the Search Box Ebay's search engine has started inserting the plus sign (+) between the words (example:   beer+goblets+glasses).  With the plus sign between words it will not do a complete search so I have to manually delete the +'s.  It never used to do that and it just started a couple of days ago.  How do I get it to stop doing that? It's driving me crazy.

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: Plus signs between words in "Search"

I've been having the same problem.  Here's a work-around :

I was searching for: defi white racer pressure (it's an automotive gauge). As of this writing, I got 126 hits.  If I saved this search, the dreaded '+' sign corrupted any future executions of the search

Next I searched for:  defi * white * racer * pressure.  I got the same 126 hits.  When I save this search, it saves as "defi * white * racer * pressure" but that's okay.  It will execute or search properly (same number of hits).

I hope this is helpful.  eBay really needs to fix this programming glitch.

Message 76 of 82
latest reply

As reported on another thread about this issue, saved searches are working correctly again, with the return of specifying a name to boot!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/When-I-save-a-search-eBay-puts-a-between-each-item-Wh...

tyler@ebay, is there any indication that there's a ticket for the saved search emails not being sent?  The last time I got any search emails was April 10, so I've got plenty of examples of items showing up in the results of my subscribed saved searches but no email notifying me about them.  I'm almost at the 100-search limit, so it's extremely time-consuming to have to check them all for new items when eBay should be sending me daily emails to tell me which ones actually need attention.  If anybody else knows of a good thread to watch for that issue, please let me know!

Message 77 of 82
latest reply

while we are on the topic of annoying bugs, here is another one. i search mostly for classical CDs, so can't say whether this applies to other categories but there are a number of item "condition" options ("new" > "like new" > "very good" > "good" > "acceptable". for my saved searches, i check off a few of them (not all) including "like new". HOWEVER, when you re-run the search from your saved searches the results for some unknown and confusing reason do not include any items listed as "like new". this condition item becomes unchecked. i noticed this by accident one day. has been happening for over a year. i have provided feedback about this error numerous times but stopped because after a while, it seemed pointless to do so. simple stuff like this should not happen.
Message 78 of 82
latest reply

@microshnik wrote:

As reported on another thread about this issue, saved searches are working correctly again, with the return of specifying a name to boot!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/When-I-save-a-search-eBay-puts-a-between-each-item-Wh...

tyler@ebay, is there any indication that there's a ticket for the saved search emails not being sent?  The last time I got any search emails was April 10, so I've got plenty of examples of items showing up in the results of my subscribed saved searches but no email notifying me about them.  I'm almost at the 100-search limit, so it's extremely time-consuming to have to check them all for new items when eBay should be sending me daily emails to tell me which ones actually need attention.  If anybody else knows of a good thread to watch for that issue, please let me know!

Hmmm... that is interesting. The entire time we had to deal with the + between search terms causing “View Search” of Saved Searches to malfunction, I was still receiving emails from them every day.

CONFIRMED HERE TOO!:  I just checked a bad saved search, edited it, re-saved it and "View Search" works again for me now!
THANK YOU EBAY!  🙂

Message 79 of 82
latest reply

@microshnik wrote:

Hi @microshnik - I can confirm there's an open ticket for this. I've added your account to it and hope to see traction on it quickly!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 80 of 82
latest reply

tyler@ebay I haven't gotten my saved searches since New Years! And it really affects my ebay buying. Could you add my account to that ticket please?

Thanks for all your help

Message 81 of 82
latest reply

Any updated news on when this glitch will be fixed permanently?  Thanks!

/Brian in Elma NY USA

Message 82 of 82
latest reply