cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures uploading then disappearing

Hi all and thanks to anyone who can help.  I'm not a regular seller on ebay, but I've done it a few times in the past and had no problem.  Today I listed four items that I was asked to sell for a couple of different relatives.  The photos, which were taken by me and uploaded to my computer, were successfully uploaded to ebay when making the listings.  Now when I click on the links for the items under "selling" three of the items have only the main picture and all the others have disappeared.  I created and listed these items about 3 or four hours ago.  As well I don't see the items actually listed on ebay when I search for them, I can only access them via my account page under "selling."  I'm hoping this isn't another problem and just a matter of not enough time passing for the listings to have shown up.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pictures uploading then disappearing

I just tried revising the three items with the missing pictures. I deleted the ghost pictures and re-uploaded the images from my computer and they all seemed to take. They did so initially also and then later in the day disappeared for some reason. But as of now all the pictures are there. I will check later and hopefully they remain there this time, otherwise I will try to make it to that chat at 1pm pacific. Thanks again for the help 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Hi sorry can't answer about the picture issue as mine have been working fine & I can't yet see your listing to check the pictures.

But It can take up to 24hours for the listing to index & get into the search

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/find_listing.html

If you recently added or revised a listing, it might not immediately appear on eBay. Listings are generally searchable within 24 hours.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for the response and info. I actually called ebay last night and they told me it was a glitch on their end and that by the time the listings are viewable that the pictures would be there. Of course I just checked this morning and the listings are in fact now viewable but the pictures are still missing lol. Guess I'll give them another call later in the day.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@flutterybutter
Hi I see 4 listings and the 1 item the figures I see all 12 pictures
On the other 3 I see random pictures then what I call gray ghosts (no picture)

If you call CS they will tell you they haven't heard of any issues and will send it to the correct team.
But if you can be online today at 1PM pacfiic time there is a weekly chat and there are always 3 to 4 people from ebay answering questions.
If you post your question and a screen shot then they will address it and get it over to the correct ebay team
Here is the link for the weekley chat and it won't open for questions until 1PT 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/bd-p/weekly-chat

Here is what I am seeing on 3 of your items 
Good luck , now I have a few hundred  items I better check Smiley Happy
pictures.JPG

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thanks so much, good to know about that chat.  Not 100 percent sure I'll be here for it today, but I'm going to try my best as it's almost pointless to have these items up without the pictures (especially on the yogi bear printing plate since it has a crack in the wood that the customer should be able to view to decide if they still want it.  Thanks again 🙂

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I just tried revising the three items with the missing pictures. I deleted the ghost pictures and re-uploaded the images from my computer and they all seemed to take. They did so initially also and then later in the day disappeared for some reason. But as of now all the pictures are there. I will check later and hopefully they remain there this time, otherwise I will try to make it to that chat at 1pm pacific. Thanks again for the help 🙂
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I have a store with 2500 listings. Some listings are relisting with no photos or are relisting with only 1 OF 4 pictures. When I called this morning they sounded like I was the only one calling. I understand from my many phone calls that it is site wide. I was also told that the Tech people do not work on weekends. They said they have no idea if and when it will be fixed. Geez!!!!
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I found when I just re-uploaded the pictures they suddenly were there.  However, I was only selling four items (if I remember right, but it was a very low amount) so it was easy to do.  To do it for the amount of items you are selling is ridiculous.  Of course now, some time later, I'm selling a few more items (about 7 or 8).  Every time I check my active selling page it either shows I've had absolutely no views on any of the items or it just shows a dash where the view count should be.  I specifically clicked on all my active sale items at least once to double check all info was correct, check for spelling mistakes and see what it will look like to the viewer.  It's not even counting my own clicks as a view which it has done every time in the past. They're all 30 day buy it now/best offer auctions so I decided it was less frustrating to just not know my view count than to deal with ebay customer service again so I left it.  But I really feel bad for you bigger sellers.  If a small-time occasional seller such as myself seems to have an issue the few times a year he puts some items up for sale, it must be a real hassle/pain for you regular sellers.  I wish you the best of luck.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I also have a store with 2500 listings and 50 of my listings’ pictures all disappeared...they asked me to revise them 500 at a time the bulk editing tool and simply submit them without revising anything and then it looked like it fix the problem but then all but the first picture disappeared on about 50 of my listings dated May 23 and 24th. I thought that was the extent of the problem and it took me about three hours but I found it uploaded most of those pictures that were missing. Today to my surprise I found dozens of other listings that were missing pictures from January 23–24, February 21-23, and I haven’t even begun to look at March, April, or May listings. When I spoke with the eBay representatives they told me that it was a systemwide Glitch,  that was affecting many other sellers, and they did not know how to fix it and at this point they do not have a solution. my eBay bill is $4000-5000 a month. Now I have to lose thousands of hours of work because of their suggestion I need to go through all 2500 of my listings again and scan them for which ones may only have one photo. No help. No tools. No idea how they can make it any easier for me.

if anyone figures out anything.. any solution ..please let us all know. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I have over 1400 auctions active and have already found 7 listings with all but 1 photo missing. I called Ebay and was told it’s a glitch in the system, she said other sellers are also experiencing this. I ask if I’m going to have to pull all these items and take more pictures and she said the pictures will reappear when the problem is solved. I’m having trouble believing this. I’ve been going through my auctions in sections checking for missing photos and writing down the items that have lost photos. I have checked about 25% of my auctions and have found 7 with missing pictures. I’m hoping this is not a ongoing issue and more of my auctions get done like this. This will be a pain in the butt if I have to redo a lot of items. Picture day is my longest day of the week.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I have the same issue. if you have your listing on another site you can copy all your photos from there so you don't have to retake them. i sell mostly clothes and also list on Bonanza so I'm going to go there to get the missing photos then upload them again into my ebay listings. I hope this helps.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Hi I'm having the same exact issue with the missing photos. I also have my listings on Bonanza so I'm going to go to my listings on Bonanza and get the missing photos to reupload on to eBay. I don't know if you have your listings anywhere else but if you do that's a possible solution. Hope this helps and good luck.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Hi I'm having the same exact issue with missing photos. I just realized that I also have my listings on Bonanza another selling site. If you have your listings on another selling site that's one way you could get your photos. I hope this helps. And I understand your frustration completely.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

First mention this issue  maybe on April of 2018. Now is the end of September and I still having same issue - all, exept main picture, dissapearing on some of my listings. I keep adding them, but they dissaper. No help from ebay.  When this will be fixed???

Message 14 of 14
latest reply