cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos show wrong image on closed listings

within the past few days, i've clicked on a few closed listings (sold and in my watched list) - and the wrong photo appears. Doesn't bug me in my watched list but it does bother me in my listings. Anyone else notice this? It's like they've changed the code and have missed something. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Photos show wrong image on closed listings

Yes happening to me too. When opening a finnished listing, another listing that is not in my watch list will open up.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Same here.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Not just a wrong photo - it shows totally wrong ended listings and i think the purpose for that is to reduce your knowledge about the closed auctions total price as you cant see shipping included unless you open those ended auctions. Now you get linked to similar ended auctions and cant get clear view about the total price, ebay sure is happy if people have less knowledge about price level of auctions you selected. Then you may bid higher and produce more profit to ebay.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

are they saying "this item is no longer available, so were are showing you an available item"   or something to that extent? 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Exactly its a total mess

eBay says its a glitch and they are trying to fix it but its clearly a new feature they are trying out to try and push more sales. Not your items but someone else. 

The old completed page already had links to similar items on it so why the wall between you and your completed item?

Also know that its been speculated that eBay wants to start charging for Sold Listing Data. They purchased Terapeak last December and that was a resource tool for completely listing going back much farther then eBay allows. Now all of a sudden you cant even see your own listing and your customer cant see it either unless they open a case. 

Its a real mess and everyone on the Selling board is up in arms about. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Just eBay making things better for us.  Charging for "sold" data might generate revenue & is most likely on the radar.  For now when you see that message "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you."  Click on the word underline word "listing" and you'll see the item you wanted to view  instead of a similar item eBay thinks you might want to buy.  Making things more complicated seems to be a way of life with eBay.  The more clicks the better.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

All changes in ebay for last years have made it more and more unfriendly for users and now its harder and harder to find any good features here. Even 5 years ago you had - contact us - feature, instant human help, then it went send us email, then phone us, now automated answers are for you. Menu system is rubish, navigating in someones sales early years hitting back button brought you back, now you are at "home" - good luck navigating back 50 pages. You are "covered" in ebay means you dont get back return shipping and currency conversation fee, in some 30-100$ heavy item cases you may easily lose half money and more, but you are "covered" here, lies lies lies.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I have the same problem when trying to search for a sold item.  When I click on the sold item Ebay then redirects you to a similar item instead (trying to promote sales) but I would like to see the details about the sold item, ie. which category was it listed in and a closer view at photos, etc.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

What a mess. Sometimes clicking sold listing takes you right to eBay's suggested similar item, other times the next page is the 'This listing has ended.' page which requires you to click again and at that point you finally get the eBay suggested similar item page with the blue banner and finally the sold listing link (2 extra clicks per sold listing). What a waste of time when before 2 clicks and you get to the info (photos and shipping fees) which is what so many sellers need access to in order to price their items competitively. This is vital for sellers selling pre-owned vintage, antiques and collectibles (and is useful for most sellers selling new items).

Before you even get to this new problem there is the other new problem, when you check the Sold Items box from left hand list 'Show only'. Before you could put a manufacturer in search, pick a category and sort by Time: newly listed to first see all new listings - Then you could click the Sold Items box on the left and the page would refresh with only sold listings starting with the newest sale first and descending back in time (before it would revert to Sort Ended Recently). Now when Sold Items are clicked it automatically checks the Completed Items box also and, once refreshed is no longer in any order with 'Sort' still at Time: newly listed so, what is required is to go back to the 'Sort' box and click Ended Recently (another extra click). I have noted this in a previous message.

As of this am my Watch Page has changed also. As I do everyday I started at the top and checked items I was now going to delete from my Watch List. When I get to the bottom of the page there is no longer a Delete link there anymore, only at top of page??? I go to use the 'FAST UP' arrow to the right and it is no longer there either? So what is now required is to use the mouse and scroll all the way back up (tend to watch 150 to 200 items at a time) to get back to the top of the page (or hold the little top arrow on right of page - takes more time then scrolling back up) and the only Delete link left on the page???

Two days ago some of my Saved Searches send to my Email arrived about 18 hours after the first bunch (have about 16 saved searches). For last 2 years they always arrived together.

Per EcommerceBytes.com eBay's CEO earned a total of $17,590,833.00 in 2017 and Chief Financial Officer earned $8,482,051 in 2017. Over $26,000,000.00 for just these 2 employees? How much could the eBay site (and all buyers and sellers) benefit with say a extra $6,000,000.00 to $10,000,000.00 spent on the web site itself instead of salaries??? Maybe a little less compensation ($10,000,000.00/year too little for CEO)?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

laughing, as this morning an ebay email wants to know if my problem was solved. just in one easy click. no mention of "we plan on fixing it" or "darn, too bad for you." I am getting ready to pre-retire as i've sold on ebay for 19 years. i've seen it all. i just let them go their merry way and  just hop through all the miserable hoops they want me to jump through. And most of their "automation" makes things 10 times harder than they need to be. Automation, they said. sigh. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Yes, that's what I'm getting. It's to try to sell us something else. I do not like it. My watch list doesn't work right either. All kinds of problems with it.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Open the ended listing, then look at blue banner and click the blue link that says listing and it will take you to the ended item you wanted to look at.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

July 21, 2018 and it appears that Ebay is making it impossible to open up closed listings.

This appears to be deliberate. When clicking on a closed listing you may be directed to a similar item by the seller if the seller has relisted the item. Otherwise you may be redirected to a totally unrelated item by a completely different seller.

This practice of redirecting buyers to a listing that is different than the listing they are clicking on seems dubious if not illegal. It appears to me to be a form of bait & switch, where one item appears to be available for sale but the buyer is instead marketed a different item (usually more expensive). Yes, I know that this is strictly speaking probably not legally bait & switch, but it is unethical to redirect a person from the listing someone has clicked on to a completely different listing they did not click on. How many times, now that Ebay has implemented this misdirection, has a buyer accidentally purchased a different item than the item they thought they were buying (because an item was on their watch list but was closed, something the buyer didn´t notice)?

But there is a more sinister plot here by Ebay. Apparently, Ebay doesn´t want you to be able to see what items have sold for in the past. Now, it will be very difficult if not impossible to research prior sales and get detailed information on items sold in the past.

This feature, of researching prior sales, has been an invaluable tool for buyers to know what items have sold for in the past.

One wonders why Ebay would remove this valuable feature from buyers, the ability to review previous sales, sold or not sold.

This is not a good thing. One, I suspect is is illegal to redirect someone from one autction listing to a different auction listing, even redirecting from a closed auction listing. If it isn´t illegal, it is certainly unethical and sleazy. Two, it removes a critical feature to Ebay users of being able to research previous sales including viewing pictures, reading listing details, and of course, seeing what prices items have sold for.  Three, Ebay is wasting the time of buyers redirecting them to totally irrelevant and unrelated items by totally different sellers than the closed item the buyer clicked on. Four, it is certainly going to result in problems for both buyers and sellers as buyers are going to accidentally purchase wrong items from the wrong sellers at the wrong price when the buyer doesn´t realize they have been redirected from a closed listing to someone else´s open listing, especially when clicking on a closed item they had been watching in their watch list. Five, buyers are going to end up paying more for items as they can´t research prior sales (good for Ebay, not so good for buyers). Six, you can´t determine if a specific item has been previously listed and sold and is now being relisted and resold at a higher price.

Why is Ebay doing this? Who knows. Ebay ocassionally does stupid things and sometimes they get enough negative feedback that they stop doing them. Other times, Ebay doesn´t care what it´s customers want (like forcing us to see international listings in search results as a default, instead of just USA search results listings like most of us USA customers want as the default search results setting. Who wants to see all the thousands of China listings for itmes you have to wait 60 days to receive?).

But taking away our ability to see closed listings over the last two months which has been a critical feature available on ebay for almost two decades - that is really bad for buyers. There is nothing good about this change for Ebay users. Complain. And complain loudly. Or you will lose you ability to see closed listings and research previous listings. sold or not sold.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

hit the outlined in blue the word "listings" up top in that sentence--it will show your saved item and what it went for like before.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply