cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

Re: PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

Anonymous
Not applicable

EBAY IS ALWAYS MESSING UP, AND STICKING IT TO THE SELLERS. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM ? I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PUT MY ITEMS ON SALE WHENEVER I WANT WITHOUT EBAY S INTERFERENCE.  I HAVE OVER 1500 ITEMS , AND ONCE I SELL THEM ALL I AM OUT OF HERE IF THEY DONT STOP INTERFERING. 

Message 256 of 271
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

EBAY IS ALWAYS MESSING UP, AND STICKING IT TO THE SELLERS. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM ? I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PUT MY ITEMS ON SALE WHENEVER I WANT WITHOUT EBAY S INTERFERENCE.  I HAVE OVER 1500 ITEMS , AND ONCE I SELL THEM ALL I AM OUT OF HERE IF THEY DONT STOP INTERFERING. 

Message 257 of 271
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right.  I tried calling ebay to complain and had to wait over 30 minutes, and i had to hang up. 

Message 258 of 271
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate selling on ebay now, they are getting impossible.  I used to enjoy it, between this and ebay giving our items away for free.  it is really terrible. And then i get these little green notes on my items telling me to mark down some of my items, even for less than i paid for them.  this is getting really bad. Management has nothing better to do than mess with us, 

Message 259 of 271
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

My cost per items sold is 37%    I cant afford their meddling with our wallets   

Message 260 of 271
latest reply

Ebay, please give us back our old way of setting up a sale.  In your effort to stop some Sellers from upping their prices and then running a sale, you have screwed the rest of us.  I run sales on items that have been in my store for months and I need to move them.  They automatically relist after 30 days.  I don't change prices.  I simply try to move old inventory by running a sale.  To be stopped from moving my old inventory because my 30-day listings just renewed and now I have to wait 14 days before I can put them on sale is UNFAIR.  Do you not want Sellers to sell?

Message 261 of 271
latest reply

Well I'm having the same problem.  I did not see the new 14 day rule, which is an absolutely awful thing to do to sellers by the way.  But like many, my listings have been on for more than 14 days and are still being skipped.  Out of almost 400 items I attempted to put on sale, only 144 are showing up.  This is just another way to screw out the sellers, so much for paying for a store to "increase" sales!  This bites and they need to fix it.

Message 262 of 271
latest reply

Looks like EBay finally listened after upseting so many of us, and more importantly costing us (and themselves) money. Just received an email from Ebay saying "Starting now, you will be able to create markdown events again immediately after listing"

It was a nice surpise, I didn`t think they were listening since it took so long.......

Message 263 of 271
latest reply

Message 264 of 271
latest reply

Message 265 of 271
latest reply

I guess I missed / didn't see the notice that they changed the policy.

YAY!!! THANK YOU!!!! Smiley Very Happy

I noticed that my newly listed items were going on sale almost immediately. Thought it was another weird glitch. Came on here to see if there was any news. Glad I spotted this gem in the thread.

Message 266 of 271
latest reply

I know this is very old but, what do you do if you've reported this to ebay several times and this is STILL happening to you. I get the 14 day was reversed but it's happening to me and folks thought i was crazy until i uploaded video. is there any setting that has to be changed... HELP because ebay won't and it's been 3 weeks now!!!

Message 267 of 271
latest reply

Ours is not working either. Did you fix yours?
Message 268 of 271
latest reply

My last promotion finished 13/8 with 334 items so I went into markdown manager to select these again for another sale, NO items were picked up despite selecting them all again. Why? What do I pay eBay a monthly shop manager fee for if I can't manage my shop and create sales when I need to. Now I have to go through the useless customer service to find out why. Waste of my time, waste of my money.

Message 269 of 271
latest reply

Not true. Up until 3 days ago the items that I list go one sale within 24 hours. !!!

Message 270 of 271
latest reply