cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

Re: PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

Toiling in this forum does not seem to be very productive. I just created a group on linkedin called "Vintage Market Cooperative" Please join and share how this is effecting you. I'll volunteer to analyze the data so that we can present something solid to EBAY.
Seth S Wawak
Message 106 of 271
latest reply

I am having the same issue. This is ridiculous!!
Message 107 of 271
latest reply

Seth, unfortunately I did not find this group and I will be very grateful if you can find me. But I can ascertain the following ... In the summer there is a deep drop in sales. The sales tool helps me stay afloat. I had an average trade around $ 300 a day. The current day is $ 70. And I expect the worst. Very disappointing. I feel work like a galley slave.
Message 108 of 271
latest reply

What a complete pile of hooey. Ebay could not market itelf out of a paper bag. First they take away watchers (unless you have at least 5 or 10) to utterly reduce incentives and make your items appear unwanted, and then remove ability to run sales whenever the seller feels the need.

Utterly disgusted with the ongoing changes. All it does is force me to make a new "sale" banner so buyers note reduced prices, and then manually reduce them one at a time.

Nobody even looking, so seriously...sales are nearly pointless, but red markdowns do attract attention.

Off rant.

Message 109 of 271
latest reply

thanks eBay for once again making it harder for loyal seller to make a living - I guess the new Tax Laws just approved by the supreme court is kind of like KARMA, For all the ridicules rules you have imposed over the last 15 years I have been here.... I give it 1 year at most before all off your usa seller will be gone - thanks again
Message 110 of 271
latest reply

Tyler,

I wanted to jump in again as the explanation might be plausible if someone is selling commodity items and saying they are selling some $75 item for $25 (what a great bargain), but the search will clearly show hundreds of other sellers all selling it for between $20 and $30.

That seller will not last long!!!

What has been lost is the history of EBAY and what makes it unique compared to other venues.  EBAY is basically a great place to find bargains on customer returns, used items, specialty items, collectibles, surplus, etc.  There may only be a few of the items I sell (if any) on EBAY or anywhere else, and there is no defined prices for my item condition.  It may take months and sometimes years to find the right buyer.  I just relist them every 30 days until they sell.  This policy will not work for all these sellers.

In my case I have a monster warehouse and 6 semis full of open box or customer return or surplus/liquidated Truck Accessories.  Nearly $500,000 at my cost.  I open and verify every one and verify it is perfect and complete and the only thing wrong is the shipping box.  This is very time consuming and keeping customers extremely pleased is very difficult with the EBAY rules already.  But I have done it for over 16 years.  I list as new-other!  And have about 500 of the 30,000 plus items on EBAY Listed at any gioven time.  Rarley do I have a competitor for my items as they are all selling brand new, and I am selling open box/new other.  I typically set my normal price a few bucks below the lowest competitor new price as the item is new and complete and what is in the box is identical to new.    And then run sales of about 9-15% off to move these 1 only items using sales manager.  So I am never inflating prices, just offering great bargains and can do this based on the way I purchased the items.  And the lucky buyer gets a bargain!  Extremely rare I ever have a "new sealed in box item".

But now I will only have these bargains available 15 days a month as the other 15 days are waiting period, eventhough some of these items have been Listed for over a year.  And periodically I drop the price a few bucks and put it back on the 15% sale as time goes on.  That will rest the waiting period.  It takes time finding a buyer who is trusting enough to buy a open box item even if my feedback is 100% and has been since 2002.  There are scam competiors that ship broken, incomplete, mis-advertised open box items.  This hurts me as thier reputations affect us honest sellers.

I am sure other sellers who are selling in specific categories or selling "New-other" or "used"  items will get destroyed by this policy as well.  It seems aimed at the commodity "new" sellers who may be in some cases false advertisers, but is entrapping large swaths of legitimate promotion manager sellers.  We use it as a strategy to find buyers.

Please pass this info along to management.  Short term at least consider reversing this for items that are not in the "Brand New" condition categories (new-other, used, refurbished, parts, etc, are not going to be commdity items and abused), and maybe some of the other situations that have been mentioned (collectbles, ???).

There is no chance of any significant abuse in these  condition categories that are not Brand new and unopened.

Lastly I was serious last night, and I contacted several liquidation companies and auction houses today about disposing of my $500,000 worth of truck accessories, and retiring solely due to this policy.  It is simply that catostrophic for my type of business model and it would not be worth my time and money to sit on this and struggle only being able to sell things 50% of the time and lose 50% or more of my potential watchers or hits.

That inventory represents about what could be $3 million in EBAY sales once I get it all Listed and sold.  It may take 5-8 years to get rid of most of it on EBAY.  But it would be lost revenue to EBAY.  I am just a small fish, and it sounds like there are many more fish like me who cannot afford to lose 50% or more of our sales due to a policy that is intended for something we are not doing. 

I'll hang and be patient for a week or so to see if this can be reconsidered, but we cannot wait long before we have to make other permanant plans that may not include EBAY.  So please pass on the information from me and my fellow sellers, I think we are telling you we want to stay but cannot afford to with this policy.  And thanks for your efforts.

Message 111 of 271
latest reply

Yes, it is 14 days from your last sale for all items, new or old inventory.  And if you change any prices or list a new item today, you have to wait 14 days from the price change.    I have been changing prices on some inventory which will make me start over on the 14 day cycle.  I have sent a lot inventory to auction and that may help, but will cost extra fees, otherwise all you can do is wait it out.  Another great decision Ebay made!!    

Message 112 of 271
latest reply

Yes, I agree put all the watchers back on the items Ebay!!  We need ways to market our inventory, to move it quickly at times.   I started out running auctions all the time and then I would x amount of items in my store.  That worked out great for awhile until I stopped getting bids on auctions like I used to so I just put everything in the store and instead of auctions, would run sales to help promote and sell the items.  That was working great, but now I have start trying put auctions up again and hope they sell.  You have one marketing strategy that is working and now have to go back to a different way of doing things, stop messing around with stuff, Ebay!

Message 113 of 271
latest reply

I called and was on hold & eventually call was dropped. Promotion Manager is NOT working the way it did last month.

Message 114 of 271
latest reply

I thought it was just me! Promotions Manager - Sale + Markdown is NOT working the way it did last month. I called & was on hold as customer service was not familiar with this feature. After she put me on hold to check with someone, I got cut off after about 15 minutes.....

Message 115 of 271
latest reply

Agree - I thought it was just me! FIX Promotions Manager: sale +markdown. This is ridiculous. It worked last month.
Message 116 of 271
latest reply

AGREE - FIX it eBay!
Message 117 of 271
latest reply

EBAY - change back to the old promotion manager right away!! It is crucial that buyers realize they ARE getting a deal.
Message 118 of 271
latest reply

Yes, it is not working because they just changed the rules that if you just had a sale, you can't have another one for 14 days.  If you put up a new listing today or change the price on something today, you have to wait 14 days to run on a sale on those items.   There was little notice about this change as I did not know it until after my sale was over the other day.  Sales are suffering due to this, all can do is run auctions or put up new inventory and hope for the best to wait out this 14 day rule.  

Message 119 of 271
latest reply

How about 0-15% no restrictions. 15% on up, 14 days. Ebay, you can't let it sit like this...

Message 120 of 271
latest reply