cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New glitch?

Why is my account name in the search bar?

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: New glitch?

@iowa_east_coast 

What browser (type and version number) are you using?

What are you doing (if anything) before that happens? Going to the main page, signing in, using a particular link, using a saved search, using a bookmark?

Do you notice the same problem in other browsers?

If not, does updating your original browser, clearing your cache or eBay cookies make any difference?

I have seen a couple of other messages indicating a similar problem, but no responses yet.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. My Email address in search field.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Same here. Seems like everyday something else goes wrong on seller hub page

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

Using Chrome but it's ok on Edge. Cleared everything, no help. That was this morning,been gone all day, this evening it works fine. Just ebay I guess.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Same issue here in Chrome v80.

This is the snippet of code from the home page that is autofilling with my ebay username. 

Capture.JPG

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I am having the same issue with the search bar showing my account name, if you have any luck finding the cure please post and I will do the same if I fix it. Thank you. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@zajani10 

Likely something to do with Chrome's auto-fill feature. It should correct itself after a while.

In the mean time, try another browser.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/autofill-is-filling-in-my-ID-name-on-the-bid-now-blan...

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I having the same issue on Chrome. It's fine on Edge. I turned Autofill-Auto Sign-in off in Chrome and it stopped. This is only a temp fix as you can not turn it off for just EBAY, its all sites.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@ctpackship 

Many of the users reporting this issue have indicated that the problem went away after a while, so it may be worth re-enabling auto-fill in Chrome after a day or so to check again.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply