cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Packing slip is missing buyer's and seller's STATE!

What's up with the new packing slip?

It doesn't have anyone's STATE on it!

Just city and zip.

Horrible implementation. Better fix it soon,

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

@unstampsdotnet    Wow ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@unstampsdotnet  As a workaround you can print an invoice for now until ebay fixes this.  Check the box that says invoice/ packing slip

https://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SalesRecordPrint&&transactionId=2306666573017&urlstack=55...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

I assume ebay KNOWS this is a problem?

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@unstampsdotnet  

I'll tag the team to make sure it's a known issue

@Anonymous   tyler@ebay  brian@ebay 

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

To go back to the former style of the packaging slip that allows a personal message and has  all of your buyer's  info:

• (through seller hub) go to "orders"  ,
  • scroll down to "shipping labels" ,
  • find that particular label, select "more actions"   
  • select " print packing slip". 

Also, if your listing has variations and your buyer purchases several items each variations is NOT on this slip -- only the first chosen variation is printed and then repeated for all items purchased.  This is NOT helpful!!!

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I noticed that issue too.

Hope they fix it soon.

ALSO - they need to add an "add your own comment" place on the packing slip. That way we can type what we want if the default choices don't fit our needs.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

ebay gets worse and worse for sellers as time goes on.  Now we can't even pick our own message on a  packing slip????  Yes, there are workarounds but we shouldn't have to do that.  Does ebay not realize they make their money off sellers and not buyers????   Time to find another option

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

The lack of a STATE for buyer and seller on the packing slip is a CODING ERROR and a QUALITY ASSURANCE (testing) error of major importance.    Incomplete coding, no testing....

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for the tag @comics-scifi-collectibles !

Hi @unstampsdotnet - are you able to get me a screenshot of what you're seeing? When I look at a preview of packing slips with the current label platform I see the buyer's complete address (I attached a screenshot, but had to black out all the personal details, so it's a little less than helpful - but I promise it's there!). 

I hear you re: wanting a 'fill in your own' option in the comments section, I'll get that suggestion made. 

Thanks!

Packing slip screen.JPG

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

tyler@ebay   

tyler@ebay wrote:

Thanks for the tag @comics-scifi-collectibles !

Hi @unstampsdotnet - are you able to get me a screenshot of what you're seeing? When I look at a preview of packing slips with the current label platform I see the buyer's complete address (I attached a screenshot, but had to black out all the personal details, so it's a little less than helpful - but I promise it's there!). 

I hear you re: wanting a 'fill in your own' option in the comments section, I'll get that suggestion made. 

Thanks!

Packing slip screen.JPG

If you print a packing slip from the labels management page it's complete.  If you print the packing slip from the print label screen the address is NOT complete.

The ability include a message used to be there too. You can still add the message from the shipping label management page.  

It seems that the label management page has the "OLD"  packing slip and the label form page has the new incomplete one.  

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Tyler,

How do I send this screenshot to you privately so I don't have to blank out the details?

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

tyler@ebay  My edit time expired!  So strike what I just wrote.

I just checked today the state IS included on packing slips printed from both locations, those darn gremlins! 

The only difference is you CAN add a comment from the labels management page.  

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@israelstampsnet wrote:

Tyler,

How do I send this screenshot to you privately so I don't have to blank out the details?

Hi @israelstampsnet - I'll send you an email, please keep an eye out for it in your registered email inbox!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

you might review this thread that has a number of "problems" with the packing slip from various posters......looks like to me it may be a test of some sort with a couple of variations.........

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/EBay-has-changed-the-packing-slip/m-p/31021813#M1610752

Message 15 of 26
latest reply