cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Packing slip is missing buyer's and seller's STATE!

What's up with the new packing slip?

It doesn't have anyone's STATE on it!

Just city and zip.

Horrible implementation. Better fix it soon,

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: New Packing slip is missing buyer's and seller's STATE!

As a very non technical person.......how do I do a screen shot to prove this is still happening?

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Assuming you are on windows.........

get to the page........press (at the same time) the windows symbol, (down on left side of lowest line of keyboard keys) & the PrtScn button (on the right side very top line of keys, the F1 line )

The screen will blink and that copies the page to your pictures files in windows.......may take a few minutes to show up.......you can edit it there, blacking out the names.....#'s

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Hi everyone - I've heard back on this!

The packing slip's option to add custom text has been removed - this was done for security reasons. It is not a technical issue, but a change. 

The missing state field is a technical issue that is being investigated and worked on to restore. I do not have an estimated time of resolution. 

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention and to @israelstampsnet & others for getting me screenshots!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

We're seeing the state on packing slips this morn............

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

I never noticed that it was missing the state.  I wish there was a way to add my logo and a custom message instead of only having ebay's options.  Here is a screenshot with the address blurred and the where the state should be, highlighted in yellow.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

I cant even get ANY of buyer's or seller's names and addresses on the packing slip (let alone the state). Help!

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@947markl  

@947markl wrote:

I cant even get ANY of buyer's or seller's names and addresses on the packing slip (let alone the state). Help!

I just tested and can print a packing slip with complete buyers info using Chrome and Windows 10.  Try clearing your browser history or try another browser to see if there are leftover bad cookies causing problems.  

If that doesn't help then until ebay fixes the glitch that they caused by taking away the comments section you'll have to use invoices.

On seller hub go to the awaiting shipment OR paid and shipped page put a checkmark next to the item> select the drop down menu that says SHIPPING > print labels and invoices> check the invoice/ packing slip box.  

Link to seller hub:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/seller-hub?id=4095&st=2&pos=1&query=Seller%20Hub&int...

You can still use the all selling page for other things if you prefer it for other things just bookmark it:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@947markl   Disable your ad blocker.  Apparently the address insert triggers it.  I went to the Print Label page (https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/new_label?itemId=) and turned off the ad blocker at that level.  Clicking on the Packing Slip link worked once the ad block was disabled.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

The custom comment on the packing slip has been a great feature for years.  Would it not be better to fix the security issue instead of removing the feature? Please see if that is possible and if not explain the nature of the issue.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

When a customer buys several items and I combine for shipping the new packing slip only shows the first item. When I go to shipping labels and print the packing slip from there it's the same now. I have to print a pick list to get all the items listed for the customer. This is a real pain!

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

At least they fixed the STATE not appearing.

Putting it on a separate line though, shows that their coders don't even test their stuff before releasing it, or just don't know that the state usually follows the City on the same line.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply