cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My store Keeps defaulting to Best Match - eBay can't fix it - any help?

reset it to newly listed at least 10 times just keeps going back to best match - any help here?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: My store Keeps defaulting to Best Match - eBay can't fix it - any help?

Is your browser set to dump cookies at exit?

I'm not 100% sure where eBay retains the sort order info, locally on their systems or within the cookie they place on your system. If it's in the cookie and your browser is set to delete when closing the browser this would cause the flag for sort order back to the default (Best Match).

I retain cookies but from time to time I run into the same issue but rarely within the same eBay log-in session. On the other hand my setting of 200 per page rarely reverts back to 25 (but it does sometimes). My situation is a bit hard to ascertain the exact issue because I'm juggling a whole bunch of id's, more id's than I have different browsers to use.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This has been a problem for a long time.  It drives me crazy.  eBay has bigger problems to deal with, so I guess they ignore the multitude of small errors to focus on the big ones.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@dazzlecity 

Sort order in your store depends on the default sort order chosen by each user.

To change your own default sort order, start by doing any general eBay search. From the search results page, you should see a "view" setting in the upper right where you can choose gallery or list view. There is also a customization setting that lets you choose defaults for your searches -- items per page, thumbnail size, seller info shown and default sort order.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hi - no my computer doesn't clear the cookies and both ebay (2x's now) we have reset it and it just keeps happening - I'd really like my buyers to see the new stuff not what ebay want them to see or can't fix. Very frustrating. Wish there was an answer that worked.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

No help..  When ebay broke stores in June of 2018, that choice, along with other things were disabled.  They had promised further "updates" to the store, but the stores team either quit or were let go, so nothing further was done. 

I'm assuming you are talking about Edit store under Manage Store

image.png

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@kias 

I'd really like my buyers to see the new stuff not what ebay want them to see or can't fix.

Your buyers will see whatever sort order they have chosen -- if they do not specify, eBay seems to default to Best Match for new users.

You have no control over what sort order other folks choose to use, only what sort order you choose to use.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

so then this means nothing?

Listings

Select the order in which items are displayed in your Store

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@kias 

I have no idea what that store owner view setting does, if anything. Perhaps if users have never set their default view it has some effect. I do not know.

I just know that every time I open a store page, the sort order I see is the same one that I have chosen previously in that customization menu. If I change my default setting using that menu, the store view changes to that setting the next time I open any store page, and it stays that way until I change the setting again.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@kias wrote:

so then this means nothing?

Listings

Select the order in which items are displayed in your Store

It won't work........it was "disconnected" or whatever the tech term is when they started to redo stores in 2018.....remember when to search a store, you suddenly had to use the regular search at the top......there was no more store search box?  That's when they disconnected item order and the ability to choose list/gallery view by store OWNERS...... 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I pulled up your store in edge and it was set to newly listed and it was the same for chrome. I logged out of chrome and used a test account to pull up your store. This time it was best match. I changed to newly listed closed the page and pulled it up again and it reverted back to newly listed. 

I think this will help go to your store and click manage store. Then on the manage page on the left look for edit store. On the edit store page scroll down to listing there is a drop down to set the preferences you want to show when a buyer pulls up the page.

When using my seller account I think my preferences may have overrided your current settings then when I looked at it with a generic test account I saw what you were seeing.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply