cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Buy it now listings don't work at all. They are hidden from search and my store. Please help!

My "buy it now" listings are all hidden and don't appear in search or my store page, this includes new listings as well. Even after indexing nothing changes. Ive tried ending and relisting them with no effect. My auctions still work, they go live immediately and are found in search and my store. I don't understand why my fixed price listings are not working at all. Ive been selling for years. Ive contacted ebay support several times and they confirmed they don't show in search or my store page, they've reported the issue but it hasn't been fixed. I am desperate to resolve this as Ive lost over 2k in average sales, I will reward anyone who can help fix this a $30 ebay giftcard. Please help!

I found a post with the same issue but there was no solution found.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Buy-it-now-listings-not-showing-in-search-...

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

My Buy it now listings don't work at all. They are hidden from search and my store. Please help!

How many fixed price listings do you currently have active @berserker444?

Can you post a few item numbers so we can check this out for you?

I currently see 17 auction format listings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

@berserker444 wrote:

I will reward anyone who can help fix this a $30 ebay giftcard.

While generous, there is no need to make an offer like that. People here help because they want to. We don't do it for monetary rewards. If I can help you solve this then take that $30 and use it to cover some shipping supplies, selling fees or new inventory. 🙂

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I have 106 listings most are "buy it now" which don't show up. Only my 17 auctions show.

Here are some of the fixed price listings

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

I really need this fixed and would gladly reward the person who can resolve this. An extra incentive for anyone who wants to help. If they don't want it that's ok, but the offer stands. I'm desperate for a solution.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Are you willing to run a few tests @berserker444?

First test I suggest running:

Create a brand new fixed price listing from scratch. Do not use sell similar or relist. See if that appears.

I checked the item numbers above and have no problem going directly to the listings but nope, not showing on your page of items for sale.

Ran a site wide search, item did not appear.

Did an advanced search by your username and can only see the 17 auctions.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

One other thing I'd test as a first step:

Put your listings on Time Away mode for a short while (24 hours). When you come off Time Away it will force a reindex of all your fixed price listings.

Your auctions will be unaffected during this time.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137

-----

@shipscript @eburtonlab 

Hey guys, have either of you seen this issue before?

Right now my working theory is corrupt data on older listings that's carrying over with relist and sell similar, though I admit it's really thin.

Another theory is some kind of backend account setting that CS needs to fix.

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I'll try anything and everything!  Thanks for checking and confirming the issue.

Just made 2 new listings from scratch as instructed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256060636754

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256060641828

They still don't show up in search or my store page.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Are you willing to run a few tests @berserker444?

First test I suggest running:

Create a brand new fixed price listing from scratch. Do not use sell similar or relist. See if that appears.

I checked the item numbers above and have no problem going directly to the listings but nope, not showing on your page of items for sale.

Ran a site wide search, item did not appear.

Did an advanced search by your username and can only see the 17 auctions.

@wastingtime101 

@berserker444 

When I test the listings from dot ca and dot com I am seeing only 17 listings too. The tab at the top for Buy it now when I tested appears to be disabled. Something strange is going on. Note. Checked for shipping only to USA with a zip code.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@berserker444 wrote:

I'll try anything and everything!  Thanks for checking and confirming the issue.

Just made 2 new listings from scratch as instructed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256060636754

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256060641828

They still don't show up in search or my store page.

Excellent, thank you for doing that. New listings can take up to 24 hours to index. I'm about to shut down the computer for a while, but I'll check back in with you tomorrow and see if those 2 listings are showing.

If they're not, then let's run the time away test.

Sorry some of these tests take time to run due to site indexing, but running them one-by-one is going to be our best shot at trying to fix this. Hang tight.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Another test we can run right now @berserker444 while we're waiting to see if those 2 fixed price show up:

Take one of your auction format listings and on the seller hub active listings page there should be an option in the drop down that says something like 'send to fixed price' (I forget the exact wording). I'd like to see if converting an active auction into a fixed price format using that selection in the Actions column will make the listing disappear, or if the listing will remain visible.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I went ahead and scheduled the "Time away" mode from 11:30PM April 30th to 1:30AM May 1st PDT. Just a few hours over night to see if it works to reset the listings.

For your next test, I tried changing an auction from the hub page drop menu, but it only gives the option to "change to auction" there is no "change to fixed price" available, even though it's already an auction.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I can't figure this one out........among other odd things........if you use the filters on the left side:

dhbookds_0-1682962304559.png

it shows Buy it now items.......but when you click on it.....it's dead......obviously  being blocked for some reason........  Same with the top filters, of course......

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

That's really strange because I see this:

berserker444-listings.png

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@wastingtime101   yeah.............I saw it at least twice.....did the snip thing and posted and then tried to show to Better Half.......and those numbers were gone......and still gone..........pretty sure I wasn't on a different page.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply