cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse over zoom feature not working?

Has this feature been disabled? It worked yesterday and now I notice it's gone from every listing I check. Not only mine but I have looked at others listings as well.

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: Mouse over zoom feature not working?

Steve, you are a genius. I don't know how you figured this out but I tried it and it worked. I know this is only a work around and not a permanent solution. Like I mention before  I have been told by eBay that their engineers are working on fixing this.  I am lucky that currently I only have one listing that I had to fix. I can't inagine someone that lists dozens of items having to take the time to do this every time. 

Message 46 of 79
latest reply

This issue is not  limited to only  windows 10. I have a fairly new Apple iMac running the latest operarting system and use Safari as my browser and I have this problem. I have tried listings using FireFox as well and that didn't help. There seems to be no pattern to point to one specific type of computer, operating system or browser. eBay needs to somehow find the cause and fix it. In the meantime try Steve's work around adjusting the brightness. It works.

Message 47 of 79
latest reply

OH M GEE! this mouse over zoom issue STILL not working, for some?
A group of us we're posting on this issue back on Aug 24 or around that date.
After a few days, seemed the issue was "fixed"
BUT any listing's photos that still didn't enlarge or zoom,
needed to be revised>all photos deleted>photos reloaded> update listing.
After the listing revision/update, the features worked and I just checked, are still working for my previously affected listings.

Message 48 of 79
latest reply

Spoke with ebay - developers are working on it.  Oh geez, thanks for the assurances since this has been the standard answer on every freaking thing I call about.

Message 49 of 79
latest reply

Hi, I did not re-enter my photographs, I adjusted each one when revising my item - hopefully exactly as I described.  Steve.

Message 50 of 79
latest reply

LOL all the little "tweaks" to experiment with to get something to work. Frustrating but helpful! Adds to my cache of troubleshooting tricks to try when problems show up and while waiting for eBay to fix. Thanks!
Message 51 of 79
latest reply

Yesterday zoom feature just did not appear when I wanted to look closely at ebay pictures on ebay Australia. First time this has happened to me. Very surprised to find that this has happened before to others. Why hasn't ebay sorted this out? Not keen to buy if I can't view items close-up to check condition.

Message 52 of 79
latest reply

Same problem.

Zoom feature not working. Sales are down this week as a result. Have tried the advice here to reload images, that did not work. No point putting any items up until this is fixed. Very disappointed.

Message 53 of 79
latest reply

Just checked my listings, and some listings by others. Definitely a problem with the zoom feature, as it isn't turned on. I wonder why it takes Ebay programmers so long to fix something like this...
Message 54 of 79
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zoom not working for me either. eBay Customer service said on Oct 14 it would be fixed in 48 hours. Today they said they were still working on it and couldn't say how long it will be. Very disappointing.

The feature is not working on any of my listings although it did previously. My photos are more than big enough. It is working on some other listings for me but then not others, and not any of mine. Sales are affected.

I was offer a $25 voucher for the inconvenience. I just want it fixed.

I keep getting told different things like, you must use IE or your are using the http site not the https site... all wrong and incorrect. The fact that it works for me on some other user's listings indicates it's not an issue at my end.

SSOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING....

EBAY PLEASE JUST FIX THIS ASAP

PS I am on a new model Mac using the latest Firefox and Safari.

Message 55 of 79
latest reply

I'm having the same issue 

I've messaged Ebay for Business FB, no reply yet. 

Message 56 of 79
latest reply

Not working for me - please will it be fixed soon - here's hoping
Message 57 of 79
latest reply

It's not just with people who have listed something to sell. I can't use the zoom feature on anything that I'm browsing at, which is disappointing & am not keen to buy anything without being able to see "close up" pictures. This was working fine 3-4 days ago then overnight has disappeared?? I was looking for a solution on E-Bay & Google when I came across this discussion & am surprised that this has been an on going problem since August!?! Come on E-Bay get it together - this problem has obviously been going for awhile. Customers & Buyers will look somewhere else.....

Message 58 of 79
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot understand why this isn't fixed.  I online chatted with eBay for the 3rd time about this yesterday. It's not something I have done wrong. The feature was working on all my listings and now is not. It's working for me on some other users listings and not on others. I have chatted to them 3 times since 14 Oct. The first and third times the person was very sypathetic but just said they were working on it. The second person seemed to think it was me but could not prove it. The last one yesterdat promised to personally email me when it was fixed - as if that's going to happen. They obviously have a script they stick to - far out I just want it fixed or for them to show me what I've done wrtong, which I don't think I have as it WAS working and I have changed nothing.

Come on eBay... you take our money, now provide the service and fix and problem.

Message 59 of 79
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think anyone from eBay even reads these discussion groups?

Message 60 of 79
latest reply