cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse over zoom feature not working?

Has this feature been disabled? It worked yesterday and now I notice it's gone from every listing I check. Not only mine but I have looked at others listings as well.

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: Mouse over zoom feature not working?

When speaking to eBay customer service I feel like they are very limited with any troubleshooting skills. Apparently they are not allowed to have someone actually speak directly to a senior tech. It is like the land of OZ. I have been told it is not a know issue but apparently I am not alone. I also feel thay I am at an unfair advantage competing against similar listings that work correctly where buyers are able to zoom and see an item up close. Good pictures are an important part of the listing.

Message 31 of 79
latest reply

From Trinton - eBay...

Hey guys, I can confirm this is a site error our tech teams are working on right now. I will update the boards once I have more info!

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 32 of 79
latest reply

Its not, I have same problem in my Mac

Message 33 of 79
latest reply

I'm glad to know that eBay has recognized this as their problem. I just listed 2 more items today and still the zoom/ mouse over feature is broken. Apparently there hasn't been any resolution. My high resolution photos are all uploaded to the eBay web site at the proper size but once the listing goes live they are somehow converted to a thumbnail size. Zooming in on my computer screen they look fuzzy. Once again I am left at a disadvantage with such poor pictures. 

Message 34 of 79
latest reply

Having same issue.. few days now.  So glad i found this thread.. been trying so many things to fix it.  Can't wait till it gets fixed.  Question since i'm not tech savy.. will we have to redo  the photos on the listings that have this issue?  or delete them and re-add them?

Message 35 of 79
latest reply

Believe me I have tried everything possible. I have redone the photos, resized them,  changed the file size, taken new pictures with a different camera, listed and re-listed over and over as well as spending a great deal of time on the phone with customer service. With Apple tech support they will bump you up to a senior level when needed. Also they are able to do a screen share to see the problem for themselves. I wish eBay would at least let us speak to someone that has the ability to do more advanced troubleshooting. It is such a waste of time when all along the problem is clearly on their end.

Message 36 of 79
latest reply

I will not list anything until Ebay fixes the problem. 

Message 37 of 79
latest reply

Neither mouse over zoom or click to enlarge is working on my site. Started happening a few days ago.
Message 38 of 79
latest reply

After troubleshooting for last couple of days, reading posts after posts since 2015 about this same lame problem....finally I'm going to start selling on Etsy. 

Message 39 of 79
latest reply

WOOHOO thank you hard workers at eBay.  As of right now 8/27/2017  it is working again for me.  Thank you again.... 

Message 40 of 79
latest reply

I spoke with eBay customer service today and I was reassured that the engineering department is aware of the problem and is working on a solution. I was told to hang in there and it will get resolved.

Message 41 of 79
latest reply

So many opinions as to the cause - browser choice, picture size, active content, the list goes on - I don't think any is the definitive answer to the cause of the problem nor do I know the answer  but ....

Today 29th August 2017 I have about 8 active listings, on viewing each listing I noticed some did not have the message, "Mouse over image to zoom" and some did show the message beneath the small picture within the listing.  Yesterday all of my listings displayed the message "Mouse over image to zoom" so it is nothing I have done to change things.  On listings where the message is displayed then mousing over the image causes a different message to be displayed, "Click to view larger image and other views". In this case clicking on the small image cause a slide show of larger images to be displayed.  Maybe eBay are saving resources when things get busy?

I found a way to correct those listings that did not show the "Mouse over image to zoom" message.

Within a listing not showing the “Mouse over to zoom” message, I clicked on "Revise Your Item" (near the top left) and within the subsequent screen:

I clicked on the Brightness button below the largest image, I then adjusted the slider provided to increase the brightness by a small amount and then clicked on Save.  Next I clicked on the next of the smaller images to bring it into the larger window having the adjustment facility, increased the brightness of the second image and clicked on Save.  I did nothing with the remaining three images in my listing and went to the bottom of my listing and clicked on the large blue button, "Revise listing with displayed fees".  Bingo!  my listing now displayed the "Mouse over image to zoom" message.  On mousing over and then clicking, the slide show of larger images was displayed BUT only the two images I had adjusted showed up full screen size and the three images I hadn't adjusted showed in the display but only about 20% of the normal size.  I then Revised my item again and adjusted the brightness on the three images previously not adjusted, clicked on the "Revise listing ...." button and viewed my listing again - all display functionality working as it should.  A long winded solution that may prove to be only temporary - aren't there enough clues in the above solution FOR Ebay Technical PEOPLE TO FIND THE CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM AND FIX IT or to come clean and say if it is a measure used when their servers become too busy?

Best wishes, Steve.   Phew!

Message 42 of 79
latest reply

STILL NOT WORKING. I Refuse to post until corrected. slight_frown

Message 43 of 79
latest reply

Did you have to re-enter your photos or did the photo enlarger just start working on the  photos?  Thanks

Message 44 of 79
latest reply

ever since my new computer with Windows 10 it hasn't worked, I thought ebay got rid of it.  Then I spilled water all over my 1 month old laptop and got a new one and same problem.  I am using chrome, there is no history to delete or any other possible issues as it is brand new (again).  So tonight I asked my husband to check on a listing for me and his older MAC zooms just fine.  Seems to me this is definitely a windows 10 issue as that is all that has changed for me and has happened twice now with two different new computers.

Message 45 of 79
latest reply