cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings Layout Change (Never Good)

In the last few hours, the font and layout on all listings seem to have changed.

The font style is different, and the Place Bid, Buy it Now, Add to Cart, and Watch List buttons are now taking up a large and unsightly chunk of my screen. (I'm on a laptop)

Can anyone else see these changes? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Listings Layout Change (Never Good)

@replayaz 

I have not yet noticed any changes, but that does not necessarily mean that eBay is not changing things. It could be rolling out in stages.

If you have another browser on your laptop, try that to see if the changes also appear there.

If a second browser appears normal, you might try restarting your original browser or rebooting your laptop to see if that restores things.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Helpful as always, @eburtonlab,

I'm going to reboot the laptop first, and see if there's any visible change.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

No visible change, still this dreadful new layout. Maybe it'll just revert back at some point. (Windows 7)

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@replayaz 

Try a private or incognito browser window -- if that looks normal, that might indicate a problem with your cookies or preferences. In that case you might try deleting your browser cache and eBay cookies.

I know that Firefox has a font setting under options -- there is a checkbox to allow sites to choose their own fonts, which if unchecked will cause a default font to override the site's selection. But that should affect all sites, rather than just eBay.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I use Mac w/ Safari and I can see it too......All my listings are BIN w/ Best offer, I am seeing a huge BIN button and a huge Make Offer button right below. The buttons take up about a third of my screen....

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

On Firefox..........this is what I see..........the gallery picture size has been increased, I think, and that center space has the BIN, Make Offer, etc offset instead of under the price.........

image.png

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@monster-high-mom That's the same problem I was describing. Would you let me know if you find a way to roll back the "old and outdated" layout?

They've given it the "watch-list"  treatment!

@dhbookds That appears to be the original layout. The new version features a blown-up Purchase section. And the buttons have expanded to 1/3 of the screen, horizontally.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes, it looks different here too on both IE and Chrome on both desktop and apple tablet.  Am also noticing that a fairly large version the store logo has started to appear in every listing frame in the seller information block just above the detailed description?  Up till this week my logo never appeared there and no changes were made to any settings.  Is everybody seeing this as well?

seller logo.JPG

Message 9 of 9
latest reply