cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing tool not working

Hello, yesterday I made 33 listing within the tool but once I went to submit it to list, the message: "Well, this is embarrassing. We're sorry, but the listing tool isn't working right this second." appeared and has not stopped appearing since. It does not allow me to individually edit listing but I can in bulk, nor will it allow me to edit or list on the eBay phone app and instead it will just infinitely load. Right before this started happening I had no problem creating and listing items and had listed about 10 until running into this issue that same day. Is it an problem on my end or eBays? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Listing tool not working

If you only recently changed your username, try signing out of eBay completely and then signing back in. Doing that should allow the changes to propagate fully throughout your account.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I prepared 20 listings for LP's and submtted them around noon yesterday. Later I prepared CD listings and encountered the same issue you're describing. I still can't list this morning. Hope they fix it soon. I've got a lot of items to list!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'm having this same issue onto 8 hours now. 

I kept on getting this error message.

"Well, this is embarrassing.
We're sorry, but the listing tool isn't working right this second.
Please try again later."
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I am also getting this message today.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I just spoke with an eBay agent and they are seeing the same errors on their side as they tried to help. The agent escalated the issue to IT as it seems to be a server error on ebay's side. I have tried clearing browser history, cache as well as use another browser. None of this fixed the issue.

The agent said that they will work on it and to try again later in the day.

It's not the answer I was hoping for...but it is what it is.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I got this same error when trying to list a draft.  Since that did not work I made a copy of the draft. I clicked list and it seemed to behave the way it is supposed to but the listing is NOT there but the draft is STILL there. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I'm got same error from yesterday on same listing drafts. But I copied old drafts and new ones uploaded today successfully. Yesterday the same system didn't work. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply