cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left a Seller GREAT FB. The FB text shows up for them, but their FB *COUNT* has NOT increased!

I recently made an awesome purchase from a new Seller and left them GLOWING FB. While the *text* of my FB shows up in their Seller record, even ~1 hr later, their FB *count* has still not increased. I can see the text of their 8 positive FBs, but their FB number still shows 7.

Is this happening for anyone else? This looks like an eBay bug. Their database usually updates within seconds to show a new FB count.

Thanks in advance for any information about this issue.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Left a Seller GREAT FB. The FB text shows up for them, but their FB *COUNT* has NOT increased!

No, it's not a bug.

You have posted two feedback comments for that same seller. Since the items were purchased within the same week, only one comment will count toward the seller's feedback total. eBay defines a week as Monday through Sunday. Your purchases took place on Wednesday, July 17, 2019, and Sunday, July 21, 2019--both within the same week--so only one comment counts toward the seller's total.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Left a Seller GREAT FB. The FB text shows up for them, but their FB *COUNT* has NOT increased!

No, it's not a bug.

You have posted two feedback comments for that same seller. Since the items were purchased within the same week, only one comment will count toward the seller's feedback total. eBay defines a week as Monday through Sunday. Your purchases took place on Wednesday, July 17, 2019, and Sunday, July 21, 2019--both within the same week--so only one comment counts toward the seller's total.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you very much for your precise, informative reply! Geez. Had I known that, I would have postponed leaving FB. Is that information (and probably other stuff I don't know but should) posted somewhere? Thank you again!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@hoplitex wrote:

Thank you very much for your precise, informative reply! Geez. Had I known that, I would have postponed leaving FB. Is that information (and probably other stuff I don't know but should) posted somewhere? Thank you again!

It's when your PURCHASES took place--not when you end up leaving feedback. If you purchase two items in the same week, both feedback comments will count as one, no matter how far apart you post them. 

So time your PURCHASES from one seller more than a week apart if you want each of your feedback comments to count.

Here's a link to the pertinent page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/leaving-feedback-sellers/leaving-feedback-sellers?id=4007

And then you'll have to scroll down and click on the plus sign beside the FAQ entitled, "How does feedback work if I buy multiple items from the same seller?"

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@pburnThank you for answering my questions quickly, thoroughly, and precisely!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply