cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JS:Redirector-BKD

Starting today...everytime I sign into eBay...my virus protection (Avast) keeps going off stating it blocked a virus. It also states its coming from ebay. I can go everywhere else on the internet with no problem. It says it's a JS:Redirector-BKD(TRO). I scanned my computer with two different VIRUS programs and Malwarebytes and it found nothing in my computer. 

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: JS:Redirector-BKD

I've been getting it for a few days now when I sign in on Chrome.  I use Avast and have for many years.  My friend I hang with has AVG and he has been getting it on Firefox when he signs in too.  I've Ran Avast, Malwarebytes, and Spy-Bot S&D.  Nothing come up.

Only happens on that page and just started.  Clearing Cache and Redoing my Bookmark has had no affect.  So those are not soultions for some others still seeing this.  

Message 46 of 64
latest reply

I hope ebay fixed it once and for all because Avast is no longer giving me the alert.

*phew*

Message 47 of 64
latest reply

It started for me yesterday. Avast boot-time scan clean. win7 ultimate. mirrored drives

Message 48 of 64
latest reply

Update: I changed shortcut from:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2F

to just www.ebay.com, closed firefox(to clear cache, history, cookies, etc..) . when i reopened firefox, the "updating firefox" dialog appeared. now running v60.0.02. 

Everything seems ok now.

Message 49 of 64
latest reply

Did this issue get resolved? I am not logging into ebay until this is all fixed and hope other members respond more to this forum.

Message 50 of 64
latest reply

No it's still happing. 

Message 51 of 64
latest reply

Are you using AVG or Avast Antivirus?

This was very, very, very likely a false positive problem, and the fault of the user's Antivirus program.

Message 52 of 64
latest reply

Аваст, хром, лиса, опера все ругаются на js:redirector-bmu когда пытаюсь авторизоваться

Оперой пользуюсь редко, так что куки и временные файлы там чистые

Может кто сказать это Аваст ругается на новый код ебея? В чем особенность этого кода?

Message 53 of 64
latest reply

Strangely enough, I just got the same message today while on Ebay 😄 (JS:Redirector-BMU [Trj]), and it also was from Avast.

I run full scans from time to time (it doesn't take long with an SSD), and have no virus issues that I or Avast know of. All of my HOSTS files are also clean and fresh.

Message 55 of 64
latest reply

eddugaa, мы, наверное, никогда не узнаем. Насколько я понял, офиц.представители ебэя в этой теме ещё не отметились, да и, честно говоря, сейчас половина ебэевского кода - новая, половина - старая Smiley LOL . И при оформлении лота, и при просмотре чужих лотов (иногда загружается страничка нового образца) это хорошо видно.

Message 56 of 64
latest reply

Been happening to me since yesterday, thankfully Avast blocks it everytime. I have also run 3 different antivirus processes, all say its not on my computer. Some opinions say its redirecting by using the ebay script font. I am using Firefox and have the Script Blocker plug in. I have found that if I block ebay.com & ebaystatic scripts on Script Blocker there is no redirection. But that's only a workaround til ebay corrects this serious problem.
Message 57 of 64
latest reply

>>But that's only a workaround til ebay corrects this serious problem.

More likely this "serious problem" is yet another Avast false positive.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Virus-threat-message/m-p/29188503#M51139

If you come up with a URL to a specific script triggering the warning, post it here.
Message 58 of 64
latest reply

@alliecat2u wrote:
Been happening to me since yesterday, thankfully Avast blocks it everytime. I have also run 3 different antivirus processes, all say its not on my computer. Some opinions say its redirecting by using the ebay script font. I am using Firefox and have the Script Blocker plug in. I have found that if I block ebay.com & ebaystatic scripts on Script Blocker there is no redirection. But that's only a workaround til ebay corrects this serious problem.

It has to be a false positive. I had this happen last year around this time and it was on both my computers (home and work) both using AVG/Avast. ( on this thread last year)

This time it is only showing up on the home computer which has AVG/Avast, my work computer has no redirect probably since I am no longer using AVG/Avast on it.

Seems to me it is an AVG/Avast problem as was stated by berserkerplanet.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Message 59 of 64
latest reply

Same here. Aren't Ebay going to do anything to sort this out???

Message 60 of 64
latest reply