cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irritating new glitch started within the last 24 hours

We don't seem to have a Technical Issues page anymore, or if we do it is cleverly hidden by the new designs, which is where this really belongs, so I will try here.

An irritating glitch has developed in the last 24 hours. I customarily print out the Order Details. Not only do I file them, but I use these print-outs to double-check against labels and the contents of packages. Suddenly they are printing out in landscape format, not portrait as before, which makes a long, skinny vertical display on the page, which is hard to read. When I go to print something, the Layout option is visible and it is checked off as Portrait. But once the Preview comes up, the Layout option has disappeared and the thing prints out in landscape. I cannot change this. This was not the case as recently as yesterday. Incidentally, it works the same if I switch browsers. That is not the problem. All other programs on my computer (e.g. Word) print normally. It is specifically an eBay problem and is not browser-related. I would be grateful if someone could correct this.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Irritating new glitch started within the last 24 hours

Same problem in Edge and using system dialog for printing did not help in either Edge or Chrome!

Printing all other web pages (other than in eBay) works in both browsers properly.  It seems to effect several pages in eBay other than just the "printer friendly" purchase details ... definitely NOT friendly!

Message 46 of 56
latest reply

TRIED THAT, DOES NOT WORK

Message 47 of 56
latest reply

A month and still not fixed. C'mon ebay.

Message 48 of 56
latest reply

EBAY just doesn't respond to customer concerns anymore... despite dozens, hundreds, or thousands of posts raising a red flag and screaming.... Where are they with rapid response and cause/effect explanations ????

Message 49 of 56
latest reply

Still printing in landscape as of 12/4/21! I like to print 2 receipts on one page and now I have these long skinny strips in my file... oh well. But the type is also tiny and hard to read. Please EBAY... fix this issue. I don't want to have to go through several steps just to print receipts in the normal orientation. Not the biggest deal but still a pain.

Message 50 of 56
latest reply

I noticed that my print preferences are limited when I print an ebay receipt as compared to other sites. No access to the landscape/portrait setting!

Message 51 of 56
latest reply

Workaround to print Ebay receipts in portrait that seems to work most always with my Chrome browser:  From Purchase History, select your Ebay receipt, then click More Actions then View Order Details.  Click Printer Friendly Page but do not click the Print Icon!!

Next, Highlight all text on the whole page(s) by holding down left mouse button and dragging.  Once all is highlighted, let up on the left button and right click anywhere on that same page and Select Print.  The Printer Preview window should show up with your selection as Portrait, perhaps with a few misplaced line returns.  Hope this helps!

WolfP20

Message 52 of 56
latest reply

As of 12/14/21 eBay still has not corrected this problem.  I have spoken with them at least 4 times in the last month, yesterday for 45+ minutes after being on hold for 26 minutes and being hung up on.  Would really really love it if eBay fixed this, I mean now.  We use our order detail reports for invoice records.

Message 53 of 56
latest reply

that doesn't technically fix the issue, as it prints without the line item cost.. that price runs off the side of the page. All you can see is the total at the top.

Message 54 of 56
latest reply

It's a Christmas miracle, it's been fixed.

Message 55 of 56
latest reply

When I used the Printer Friendly option, the page printed in landscape.  I just wanted to see what would happen.

I always go to Order Details in  Seller Hub > Orders > Order Details

I press  CTRL-P  and it prints out in portrait mode. 

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 56 of 56
latest reply