cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide ebay's search suggestions

As of today I am unable to hide ebay's search suggestions. Since I updated firefox two days ago, I am having problems being logged out of all of my different accounts - ebay, amazon, facebook, etc. I had this issue a few weeks ago with firefox clearing cookies and logging me out of my accounts but I was able to hide ebay's search suggestions. Now I am unable to hide ebay's search suggestions. The box at the bottom that would be highlighted in yellow is not there. I am having this issue on both of my computers, one a desktop with windows 7 and the other a desktop with windows 10.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How to hide ebay's search suggestions

I would like to add that the problem with not being able to hide ebay's search suggestions is not just with firefox. I have tried it with google chrome and microsoft edge browsers and the problem is still there - no way to hide ebay's search suggestions.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Normally, there should be a little link to "Hide eBay suggestions" at the bottom right of the drop-down suggestion lists seen when you begin typing into the search bar.

eburtonlab_0-1606354364331.png

If you use that link, the suggestions you should see should be the saved form data from previous searches that your browser keeps track of:

eburtonlab_1-1606354479962.png

The little yellow box at the right side of the search field allows you to un-hide the eBay suggestions, if you want.

For a while, the hide/unhide options did not appear for me; I think the effect was not browser-dependent, but I am not entirely sure. Recently, the option has returned, for me at least.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The little yellow box is missing for me on all three browsers I have tried. It has always been there before until today. I have found a work around for right now so that I can have my previous searches I have typed in. If I go into advanced search, my searches are there.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I spoke with an ebay customer representative who confirmed that they have just recently done away with the 'hide ebay suggestions'. So I as a work around to use what I have previously typed in to search, I will use Advanced Search.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Unreal, they have done away with the hide feature..!

What a crock of **bleep**e. So I spent years refining what I want to look for and and now I can't, so I have wasted all that time.

HEY EBAY! I DON'T WANT TO LOOK AT THE **bleep** YOU SUGGEST!

I WANT TO LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE SPENT YEARS REFINING!

SO F***ING FIX IT!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

If you do not see the "Hide" option on ebay.com pages, see if the "Hide" option appears when using the search on the community pages. Invoking it in either location should work.

If not, you can still see your browser's saved searches by going to the Advanced Search page -- the search field there does not show eBay's usual suggestions.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I didn't have the "Hide" option on eBay, but I tried a search in the community pages and the option was there.  Checking that did turn off suggestions on the main eBay site.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

You are welcome -- very glad to hear that worked!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

The "Hide ebay suggestions" option is not available to me in Community pages search on Firefox.  Wonder if they've now gotten rid of "Hide" there. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Since the redesign of the community pages, the eBay search bar no longer appears there at all, unfortunately.

To avoid eBay's search suggestions and see your saved browser search keywords you will likely have to use the search field on the Advanced Search page.

It is possible that the "hide suggestions" link will return as it has done in the past many times, though.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Couldn't agree with you more. Who wants to look at the **bleep** they shove in your face.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply