cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: "email address cannot be used for PayPal Payment" KNON GLITCH ON EBAY

Yesterday when attempting only to update a sale page I was given the notice "email address cannot be used for PayPal payments at this time" I contacted eBay and they said they had some reports about this issue but that it may be an issue with PayPal. I call PayPal and they look at my account and everything is fine on their end but they did have some information about eBay pulling out from their payment platform and eluded that eBay and PayPal are not talking. Humm? So, I call eBay back and that CS rep. admits that there is a "GLITCH" in their system and that it would be fixed in 2 days. TWO DAYS? In addition to all this my sales have tanked as though all of this is effecting my sales although eBay says that this "GLITCH" will not effect my sales. Yeah Right! I have not been able to list, relist or update anything in 24hrs now. I run a business and eBay's "GLITCH" is effectively given me a restricted account!

That brings me to my next question, is anyone else having this issue? I ask because you would think this would be all over the boards but it is not. Is eBay punishing me for something and not telling me or lying to me?  Please post if you too are having this issue or "GLITCH".

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Error message: "email address cannot be used for PayPal Payment" KNON GLITCH ON EBAY

How infuriating to find out that eBay no longer post their issues for their customer, buyers/sellers, to see. At any given time eBay has some sort of issue or bug and they feel they no longer have to tell yo about it. It took more than 10 calls & 8 DM-Tweets to AskeBay for them to finally come clean and stop blaming this on PayPal. What worries me even more is that eBay can be HACKED and they won't let us know. We will be the last one's to know!

As for this ERROR: "email address can not be used for PayPal Payment..." The work around is to add a new email address to your PayPal account, you are allowed 7. I took the time to confirm it on PP but I don't think you have to. You also DO NOT have to, nor would I, link it to eBay. I was then able to list using the new email. If you bulk list then there is a drop down at the top once you get all the listings you are going to relist at one time. Check them all, drop down the "Payment" option, hit the address, you will now see your current email that eBay's site wont recognize….change this to your new PayPal email but MAKE SURE that it is correct. Hit submit and it will change all of the listings. You should see under the bulk listing all the red issues just disappear and you can now hit submit.

It is so sad that CS has no clue, is of no help, flat out lied to me several times in this whole process and their site fails to mention when they KNOW they have an issue or bug leaving their customer running around and calling everyone wasting hours of their day just to find a solution they can't give....because they don't know anything about their own site! 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Re: Error message: "email address cannot be used for PayPal Payment" KNON GLITCH ON EBAY

I'm so glad to finally know others are having this too. The system error issue began for me the 3rd week of August...soooooo it's coming upon a full month since I've been able to list, update, revise my listing, etc, etc.  I'm so angry. I've been a member of Ebay since 1998 and this is the most disappointed I've ever been with them. Not only were my sells starting to tank this happened. Double black eye. Ebay use to be a good company but that has declined steadily the last few years. Back to the email error issue...I have called 7 times and i'm going to continue calling every few days. Each CS goes though the same list of questions and they get the same answers and results. YES my email addresses match for ebay and PP. YES they are linked.......YES I have done everything they have asked. I have been getting payments for the few items I have sold since this began. I think that is odd. I can get payment to PP but the email address will not work when listing new or revising existing items.  VERY ODD!! They said that it will take 60-90 days to fix the issue.  Bull **bleep**!!! Hopefully more people will post and complain(TO EBAY). They need to get this resolved. No reason it should take to October with a tech department the size of theirs.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I am having the exact same issue. When I speak to Ebay, they blame PayPal. Been two weeks now and I still can't list items due to waiting for them to fix the "issue".

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Have  no idea if this would work...........  But I note a post today that says Yahoo email is not being recognized........

but if immediate payment is deselected, they do not get the "email cannot be used" message and the listing goes thru...... 

If anyone can confirm that that solution works, it might help ebay solve the problem.....

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I'm having this exact problem and posted a message on the "Selling" board.......

The quick fix-a-round is to uncheck "immediate payment" and it will let you edit, save, list.

I am getting the same error message.  I have a personal PayPal account.....same account I've been using for 15 years.  Nothing wrong with PayPal.  I'm able to transfer money, zero restrictions, etc.  It is DEFINITELY an eBay glitch as I was told 3 times in 3 different CS phone calls.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Quick solution: Add a new email to your paypal account and use that on ebay, worked for me...
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Solution: Add a new email address on your paypal
Message 22 of 22
latest reply