cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay broke their feedback system, hurting sellers

I had a buyer accidentally leave me the wrong feedback, they messaged me and asked for a revision so they could change it. Unfortunately I didn't have any available, so I called ebay, put in a removal request, contacted ebay for business, and got the same answer every time, that they where unable to do anything.  That is absolutely wild, it's the buyer that wants to change it....  why are they doing this?  I understand not removing negatives anymore on salty sellers. But it can't just be a blanket for everything. They wouldn't even give me a revision to send to em. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay broke their feedback system, hurting sellers

That’s weird because all I needed to do to remove negative or neutral feedback that wasn’t meant for me or given to me without contacting me first or opening a return. Was submit a feedback removal request, I don’t need to ask the buyer nor did I need to call eBay. All I did was go here .

I explained that the feedback was either intended for another seller or the buyer never contacted me with any issues that could have been resolved or the buyer never sent a return request.

I've had several negatives and a couple of neutrals removed using that request form, the feedback was always removed within minutes. 

You apparently used up all of your revision requests to send to buyers. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Are you saying that you have maxed out your revision requests?  I only see 6.

\krazzykats_0-1702585808973.png

Viewing and changing feedback left for sellers | eBay

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I had the exact same problem. Buyer can only do it in 30 days. That's basically it. After 30 days I got to look at it for a year. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Don't know how long ago that was, but those days are over. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

They only give you 5 per 1k feedback. So yeah I used those    

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Your defensiveness in your replies to your feedback makes you look a lot worse than just the feedback itself. A negative or neutral feedback is an opportunity to show how professional you are with your replies, and I don't believe you're utilizing that well.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

im not sure how you consider my responses to be defensive, but ok.  one day you will get a buyer who leaves you a false negative feedback, and you will understand..

Message 8 of 8
latest reply