cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Search Not Showing Accurate Results Both On Website and in my Store

I searched for "Magic Mixies Interactive Plush" both in quotes and without quotes, using Firefox. It yields only 19 results, then below I see at least 265 listings under "results matching fewer words" even though most listings contain all of those words. When I tried Safari, the same search results in 521 listings.

In the last few months, I have also tried searching for items in my own dollhouse store. I have dozens of listings which match "furniture" or "table" and other search terms, and they do not show up when I search within my own store, so customers would not be able to find them. This is happening both in Safari and in Firefox.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Try this search:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=magic+mixies+interactive+plush&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=...

If you put quotes around multiple keywords, eBay will search for those exact words in order with no intervening words, so only results with those words in that exact order will be returned.

You can also try putting an individual keyword in quotes to prevent keyword substitutions to find additional results using the same keywords in a different order.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=magic+%22mixies%22+interactive+plush&_sacat=0&LH_Titl...

If you get different results in different browsers, this may indicate that you were actually doing different searches, or using different parameters such as shipping location. If you do the exact same search using the same page address, you should see the same results.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yeah, I have called in about this kind of thing several times over the past year and nothing seems to change. It's a pain.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This is a definite problem, since I had several items that would not pull up searching as a buyer several days at least. They did appear searching my store. They were fixed, only after reporting them to Facebook, and the tech could see what I was saying when filing the report. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply