cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not update business policies!

It all started with the new international shipping program that the Global program changed to. After I ran into several issues with that and determined it does not work for me. I opted out, it took 24 hours to process that. Now I am trying to edit my business policies and add ebay international standard delivery to each policy and all I get are errors and it makes a copy of the policy without updating.  I am just trying to get my account back to the way things were and everything was fine.  I always used the international standard delivery prior to this change and it worked great for me and my customers I just want to get back to that, I have spent hours on the phone the last few days with representatives regarding the issues with the new program as my customers purchase more than one item, the new program there is no way to combine the order and they are charged way over-charged for shipping.  If this is ever fixed I may get back in, until then I just want my account back the way it was!!  I keep trying to update the policies every few hours but no luck so far. Very frustrating!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Rather than updating, you might be better off just creating a new policy, revise the listings to apply it, and delete the old policy.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@rfmtm wrote:

Rather than updating, you might be better off just creating a new policy, revise the listings to apply it, and delete the old policy.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest.

Any time I encounter an issue with a biz policy I create a new policy, use bulk editor to apply that policy to listings under the old policy. Once the system processes all the updates and the biz policy page says 0 listings are tied to the old policy I delete it.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I tried that also, it wont switch the listings over to the new policy without errors.  Ebay is now telling me its a known issue that others are reporting and it will be fixed.  We will see how long it takes, in the mean time I just keep randomly trying.    

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@hispeedsalvage wrote:

I tried that also, it wont switch the listings over to the new policy without errors.

If you're on the biz policies mgmt page and using the settings there to switch items under an old policy to a new policy then you can get errors - especially if those policies are tied to templates, etc.

But if you:

1. Create a new biz policy then

2. Use the bulk edit tool from the active listings page to assign that new policy to all listings that were under the old policy

That should fix your active listings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Appreciate the suggestions but nothing is working.  I tried that route also, I get a red box across the top of screen stating that item is not allowed or something for ebay international standard delivery.  I have tried multiple items and they all say that message and wont let me assign it to the new policy.  Its just down right frustrating!  So much time being wasted trying to fix this back to the way it was all because ebay took it upon thereselves to change it.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Are you getting the error for all listings or just specific listings?

All of the eBay international shipping programs (EISD, EIS, GSP) have been tightening up restrictions on motors parts & accessories, restricting any used part that has the potential of being exposed to various liquids like gasoline, brake fluid, oil, and more. It's possible that's why you're unable to update certain listings with an international shipping method.

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The errors are for all my listings. It wont change anything, Ebay has escalated a service ticket for me because they dont know why either. Everything was fine until they changed the global program. I have several repeat international customers and I am losing business over this!  They cant see any of my items on my store anymore so they are reaching out to me asking for certain items and if I paste the link to that item to them in messages they can then open it and make me a offer.  I am beyond upset about this!  I am going to call ebay everyday until its resolved! One of the agents even suggested I opt out of business policies, that is NOT a option! I have over 4000 items listed, that would take hours, days, weeks to go through all of them and then it might not even fix it.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply