cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty sending & receiving messages on ebay

Hi - For some reason it is getting more difficult to send messages on ebay.  Apparently it is also more difficult to receive them also. Condensing the story, but the gist is I found out a bidder cancelled his bid because he says I did not answer his questions. Problem is that I never got any questions from him.    Is ebay having computer issues?  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Difficulty sending & receiving messages on ebay

I’m just trying to help out here so I’m thinking you might want to head over to the Selling section of the community and ask this question there.

They have a bunch of really good, helpful people answering questions in the buying and selling forums. They may have run into this and be able to advise you.

Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

We have a bunch of really good, helpful people here, too... But more along the lines of helping with conflict resolution and the practice of anger management! 

#######
Don't believe everything you think.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Good advice.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@atypicaloldgoat wrote:

We have a bunch of really good, helpful people here, too... But more along the lines of helping with conflict resolution and the practice of anger management! 

We do have some really good people here that are very smart and post interesting things. I’ve learned a lot from them and a few here make me laugh!

Then there’s some others who are, well……not so well spoken or quite as sharp as the others. 
😁

Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@tigercatt-16 wrote:

Then there’s some others who are, well……not so well spoken or quite as sharp as the others. 
😁

I can't help it.  I was raised by Goats! 

#######
Don't believe everything you think.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hi - Good advice. Thank you. I was worried that if I listed it in the selling section that it would be moved to the soapbox. This is all still pretty new to me. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Dear goat - At what point did you realize you were not an actual goat? Do you still have goat cravings, like to eat the newspaper instead of reading it? Curious me....

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Let me see if I can explain it to you:

• If you have a question/comment about selling on eBay, it should be posted on the Selling board.
  • If you have a question/comment about shipping an item you sold on eBay, it should be posted on the Shipping board.
  • If you have a question/comment about the return of an item you sold on eBay, it should be posted on the Returns board.
  • If you have a question/comment about getting your payments from eBay for items you've sold, it should be posted on the Payments board.
  • If you have a question/comment about buying on eBay, it should be posted on the Buying board.
  • If you have a question/comment about the Seller Hub, the All Selling page, or any other features offer to sellers by eBay, it should be posted on the Seller Tools board.
  • If you have a question/comment about the mobile app, it should be posted on either the iOS App board or the Android App board, depending on the type of device you're using.
  • If you have a question/comment you'd prefer be answered by Community Mentors only, it should be posted on the Community Info/Ask a Mentor board.
  • If you have a question/comment about a technical issue, like why you can't log on, it should be posted on the Community Info/Share eBay Technical Issues board.
  • If you have a question/comment about the Community Platform (discussion boards), it should be posted on the Share Community Platform Feedback board.
  • If you have a question/comment about coins, it should be posted on the Seller Groups/eBay Categories/Coins & Paper Money board.
  • If you have a question/comment about current events, it should be posted on The Soapbox.

There are a number of other boards you may enjoy more than this one. Explore them at Seller Groups/Special Interest Groups. You may find a board that suits you better.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@oldcoin007 

Do you, by any chance have a browser extension enabled called Gammarly?   One of this board's most helpful authors is @eburtonlab .  He recommends:  

"Try disabling Grammarly if you are using that browser extension.
Or try sending an eBay message using another browser."

Or try this: You may be able to send a new message by going to the user's profile or feedback page and using the "Contact" link there to compose a new message."

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi - I  appreciate it. I now realize that ebay is requiring us to go thru clicking on the ebay name of whomever we wish to contact. Then choices come up & you have to click on one, ie. - Is this about an item? Or it is not about an item, etc. That way they can keep closer control on our contacts to make sure we are not trying to sell our stuff off-line & bypass them & take their FVF away. it is part of their new initiative to make sure they lose no money. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply