cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a listing with the new photo/video layout causes the page to jump back to top of page.

Whenever I create a new listing that has the new option to drag and drop photos/videos, the page jump back to the top. Happens every single time when I click on listing format, schedule listing date, hour, minute, AM/PM. I schedule 25-40 auctions every day and it jumps back to the top of the page 4 times for every listing. I've cleared cookies, cache, ect... and tried multiple browsers. It doesn't happen when relisting an auction that has the old photo editor, only happens with the new one.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Creating a listing with the new photo/video layout causes the page to jump back to top of page.

Are you using a Mac? What operating system?

I saw a recent post about listing issues that sounded similar to yours.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Listing-page-glitches-massively-when-usin...

Any difference if you disable add-ons? Or use a private or incognito browser window?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: Creating a listing with the new photo/video layout causes the page to jump back to top of page.

Yes, I'm using Mac. On the latest OS. I've disabled all extensions and tried private browser on both Firefox and Safari. It's been doing this since Monday.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Something similar is happening to me, also on Mac, also in Firefox and Safari.  The page jumps aggressively whenever I type into any item specific field instead of clicking a box.  Reorients the open field immediately down to the bottommost visible spot in whatever browser window I'm in.  It's infuratingly distracting, jarring, and totally breaks the flow.  Then after that happens the window creates almost an infinite scroll and relocates the photos so far up you'd have to scroll for literally a minute to find them (or just hit Home of course on the keyboard, but still **bleep**)

I spoke to an Ebay person on the phone today about it because it was driving me crazy.  She had me open an incognito window in Chrome and see if it was happening there.  I don't use Chrome (on principle but that's another matter entirely) but I did have it installed still.  So I tried that - and the jumping around stopped.  But still it forces me into the Chrome environment which I don't like.  She said to use Chrome for a few days and they're working on fixing it, because I'm not the only one who reported.

So try Chrome if you can stand it.  Otherwise just wait, they'll fix it "soon" whatever the hell that means.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

So try Chrome if you can stand it. Otherwise just wait, they'll fix it "soon" whatever the hell that means.

It might be worth installing a different flavor of Firefox in parallel with your current Firefox browser to see if that makes any difference. If you install Firefox Developer Edition, it will install in its own directory and use a separate profile, separate cookies and cache.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You already lost me there.   Developer.... 🤓 install directory.....😔...  separate profile... 😫

I'm not into computers, I can barely use Ebay as it is lol

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

There is another version of Firefox called Firefox Developer Edition. You could install that version while still using your original Firefox browser. That would allow you to test different settings or add-ons in another browser without affecting your current Firefox browser.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/

Just a thought.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I'm using Win10 and firefox.  Crazy issues that make listing a nightmare!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Same issue here, and it started after the photo listing changes. Anytime I try to click the drop-down for my description templates, the page resets to the top. This is not a user hardware problem, but another "launching unnecessary changes without fully testing" problem.

Considering it has now been a week, and with multiple reports of the same issue, can someone please make this a priority to correct?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I've been using Chrome.  It's the only way I can get through listings in a timely manner.  I hate Chrome but you gotta do what you gotta do.  I check in with my Firefox setup a couple times a day to see if it's been fixed.  I sell clothing and all clothing categories I usually list in seem screwed up.  Then I had some medical scrubs to list, and some soccer gear - in both of those categories, everything was FINE and normal just like before!  It was amazing!  Then back to clothing, and the horror resumed.

Ebay, are you listening????

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

The issue appears to have been resolved for Firefox users

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hello all, 

This issue should be resolved now, but please let us know if you are still experiencing this not working. 

Thank you

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply